Sponsored

Blue Ox or Roadmaster Others?? What Tow Bar to get?

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
I need help selecting a tow bar for my RV to tow my JLRU. I've been looking at the Blue Ox and Roadmaster units mainly. I'm planning on buying a LOD Destroyer Bumper with the frame tie-in brackets (please don't make that the topic of this thread). I'm planning on towing from the D-ring mounts on the bumper as the connection point. LOD sells both Blue Ox and Roadmaster adapter to attach to their bumpers. I do see on E-Trailer that there are also Demco brand and others. I would consider them as well if there is an adapter that will work the LOD bumper. I want an RV mount tow bar that can swing away and be stored in the hitch of the RV when not in use. One of my concerns it that I really do not want to have to use a high/low adapter, but I would guess the Jeeps D-rings are going to be about 6-8" higher than my RV receiver so maybe there is an adjustment on the two bar? Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Philipclopez

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
2167 West Virginia Avenue Albany, NY 12204
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Blue Ox is popular brand that offers top-graded RV products, including tow bars. The Blue Ox tow bars are strong and durable and come with different weight capacities. The manufacturer offers quality products that are designed to offer longevity and high performance.

Last edited:

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
I use a road master sterling and a rock hard bumper. Works great.

Hawkspring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2017 F450, 1986 Toyota Pickup
I am using the blue ox bx7420 10k lb bar on my setup with the LOD destroyer. Flawless so far.