Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
:LOL: Exactly what's happening in that house right now.

Ah the voice of wisdom/experience. Actually though, women tend to see more color variations than men, while men typically track movement better. It's genetics. Not to say that those are steadfast rules, but typically how it is. So, I'd go with teal if you're not using the official bikini color title, but otherwise I'd defer to your wife's opinion because she's probably right.

Even if she's not, she's right. ;)
Well, that right there explains why 90% of Wrangler drivers who fail to wave back turn out to be women!

Turns out we are doing it wrong: instead of waving, we ought to be wearing bright colored gloves...! :LOL:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
If you would show this picture to a 10 year old kid and asked him what color is the Jeep the answer would be most definitely blue. If you ask an adult then you may end up with many different colors. I do not feel foolish saying it is a blue Wrangler and I am just few years older than 10 :)

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
its blue. the funny thing is that my co worker thought my granite jl was a dark green.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I don't know if kids still have to bring their own crayons to first grade or not. But "back when I was a kid" the boys all had 8 crayons in their box and the girls had 64. Always let the women pick the colors and tell you what they are. Teal is a bird, salmon is a fish and I have no idea what mauve is.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
These comments are cracking me up. This is the first “out of the box” color I’ve owned in my life. I’ve owned white grey and silver exclusively. Decided my Jeep would be a fun color. I anticipated it being a “love it or hate it” but in the end, who cares. I’m the only one that has to love if!!
we are just having fun with you. It's your Jeep, get the color you want. At least it isnt, Banana Yellow.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Picture looks blue. Every one I've seen in person looks to be a sea green or teal color. Your Jeep looks great BTW.

I'm personally not a fan of that color, but my wife was real close to going with 'bikini pearl'.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Bikini and Mojito are two awesome colors.

The Orange is cool. Hella Yella is great and so is Firecracker Red.

White is also classic. Can’t go wrong with the Granite or the Grey.

Personally, I’m only allowed to buy Black vehicles.

I’ve seen some other colors that look pretty good too. Some tans, light blues, greens... I’m sure I’m missing a few...

cfree

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ
My Colorado temporary plate had my bikini JLUR listed as blue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I think it varies in the light

Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Bikini= teal/turquoise, also very close to the color “oasis.” I’d say it is more on the blue end of the blue-green spectrum, but how can people say there is NO green at all in that!? The green is what makes it not ocean blue.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Women have more probability of having perfect color vision than men. Many men have color deficiency in the green-red spectrum, according to a photography professor I had. I know I do. Green is a tough color for me unless it's a strong green and in good light.

Hell, that thing could be purple and I'd say it was blue.

So, this means, your wife is right. But you knew that all along. LOL.

OP
OP

MichaelR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Women have more probability of having perfect color vision than men. Many men have color deficiency in the green-red spectrum, according to a photography professor I had. I know I do. Green is a tough color for me unless it's a strong green and in good light.

Hell, that thing could be purple and I'd say it was blue.

So, this means, your wife is right. But you knew that all along. LOL.

Of course I knew that!!! Haha

The Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper, TJ, JLUR
upload_2019-12-14_9-0-45.jpeg

Officially back!!!! Picked her up last night!! Wife and I strongly disagree. Is it blue or green!!!
Teal is considered by definition a blue color though it has a green base. Taking your image into photoshop, one can see the color makeup of jeep. Color temperature and white balance will affect results but assuming that the image is properly white balanced, once could see that there is more blue than green in the paint by about 30-40%. There is also red in the color though far less than blue or green.
Sponsored