Sponsored

BLUE Chief Clearcoat not available anymore?

barometer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
As the subject says when I tried to put in a custom order the dealer said jeep has discontinued the Blue Chief Clear Coat for the 2021 Wranglers. Has any other Chief Blue fans heard the same?
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
It was only available for a short period of time, and the order banks were actually only open for that color for around 3 weeks. It was supposed to be limited, intentionally. Same thing happened on the JK. We'll probably see it again later in the model run for a short period, or for the next iteration of Wrangler.

I got extremely lucky and managed to order a 2dr Rubicon in Chief during the time when the banks were open.

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
It is pretty annoying that the Jeep Build & Price configurator on Jeep.com doesn't show the actual colors that are available. Neither Chief Blue nor Nacho are currently available for order. Gecko Green is (I believe), but it is not even shown in the configurator.

For the people that say "it shows those colors so that people know what's out there", I say this: they could easily have the configurator delineate between dealer lot inventory and new build orders. It just needs to be an additional thing to click with the following choices: do you want to search existing dealer inventory of new vehicles, or do you want to order new? Depending on which you choose, the colors change accordingly. Simple as that.

I just can't believe Jeep can't make that happen on their official website.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Chief Blue disappeared in December 2020 order guide. Chief, Nacho, Billet Silver, and Hellayella are no longer available for orders.

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
Chief Blue disappeared in December 2020 order guide. Chief, Nacho, Billet Silver, and Hellayella are no longer available for orders.
Yet every single one of them is shown on the Build & Price configurator on Jeep.com.
Sponsored