First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
I've been looking for a way to carry a little extra gas for my desert trips without having to buy new bumpers, drilling holes in my Jeep or hanging too much crap on my spare. I saw the mounting plate sold by fellow forum member Blue bi Kong for Rotopax type containers. It interested me because it looks to be very solid and does not add too much weight to the tailgate.

I finally got around to getting it mounted on my Jeep. It went together with no real issues.

ETA: I torqued the adapters to the wheels at 55 foot pounds and the mounting bolts to 40 foot pounds.

The plate comes bare metal and with hardware. I did have to buy some extra washers to space it out a little further from the wheel. I also opted to buy some flanged bolts but those were not required. I did a rattle can paint job.

I got the Fuelpax 2.5 gallon container with included mount. The back-up camera is not obstructed. The only thing I have to keep in mind is having the proper size tools on hand in case I need the spare. I like it and think it will do the job.

Mounting plate and gas can mount.jpg

Included hardware.jpg

Installed adapters.jpg

Installed mounting plate.jpg

Done.jpg

In the wild.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I've been looking for a way to carry a little extra gas for my desert trips without having to buy new bumpers, drilling holes in my Jeep or hanging too much crap on my spare. I saw the mounting plate sold by fellow forum member Blue bi Kong for Rotopax type containers. It interested me because it looks to be very solid and does not add too much weight to the tailgate.

I finally got around to getting it mounted on my Jeep. It went together with no real issues.

ETA: I torqued the adapters to the wheels at 55 foot pounds and the mounting bolts to 40 foot pounds.

The plate comes bare metal and with hardware. I did have to buy some extra washers to space it out a little further from the wheel. I also opted to buy some flanged bolts but those were not required. I did a rattle can paint job.

I got the Fuelpax 2.5 gallon container with included mount. The back-up camera is not obstructed. The only thing I have to keep in mind is having the proper size tools on hand in case I need the spare. I like it and think it will do the job.

Included hardware.jpg

Installed adapters.jpg

Done.jpg

In the wild.jpg
Great job Cliff! I'm happy to hear another success story. And see it too! It's been a pleasure.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Included hardware.jpg

Installed adapters.jpg

Done.jpg

In the wild.jpg
Long way from the water for a Navy guy. Looks like chukar country. I'm torn between putting a water container on the spare position for the dog or gas.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Long way from the water for a Navy guy. Looks like chukar country. I'm torn between putting a water container on the spare position for the dog or gas.
Speaking of water ( I know we started talking about gas cans, but allow me to interject). Anumber of different try's over the last several years. This being my latest I think works the best. Refillable 2-1/2 gallon food quality
Jeep Wrangler JL Blu bi Kong Rotopax Mounting Plate Install Screenshot_20200516-111712_Amazon Shoppin
jugs. They stay upright on their own, they are of manageable size and they fit perfectly along with my totes and supplies.
Highly recommend