Blown transmission at 500 miles

sts90

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Unlimited XR
It's was an honest comment and I stand by it.
Sorry if it was too harsh for your thin skin.
First off you are not sorry, you just being patronizing. No thin skin here, just tired of the kick a person while he is down comments. There is no reason for it and it is not productive. My objective is always to help another to the best of my ability, which includes you. We are all only a breath or one mistake away from being in a similar or worst situation. I standby that.
Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
First off you are not sorry, you just being patronizing. No thin skin here, just tired of the kick a person while he is down comments. There is no reason for it and it is not productive. My objective is always to help another to the best of my ability, which includes you. We are all only a breath or one mistake away from being in a similar or worst situation. I standby that.
Trust me when I tell you I'd never look to you for for help.
Tell me..what are you actually going to offer the OP that will be of tangible value here? What are you going to put in practice to lessen the gravity of his situation? Your soft words?
Take your drama some place else. Geez

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Why in the world would you accept a vehicle with an active, known leak and then proceed to drive it a long ass distance.
I hate to sound harsh, but from all accounts you earned it.
Irrefutable truths in life:
1. Everything is better with bacon.
2. Angry grills are for douchebags.
3. This.

Sponsored

sts90

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Unlimited XR
Trust me when I tell you I'd never look to you for for help.
Tell me..what are you actually going to offer the OP that will be of tangible value here? What are you going to put in practice to lessen the gravity of his situation? Your soft words?
Take your drama some place else. Geez
He may or may not take my advice. That is up to him. As for me, I like this forum. I think I will stay around.

OP
OP

CasperCook

First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Should have never taken delivery with a known leak........let alone driving it the distance you did.....
So to clarify, I didn’t know it was leaking oil until after I got it to San Diego. I stopped by a family members house on my way home and I saw liquid coming out from underneath and assumed it was just Air Conditioner condensation, as it was well over 100 degrees… after I dropped my Jeep off at the dealer, my family member informs me that there is oil spots on her driveway… so I agree, if I knew it was leaking oil, I never would have made that drive or accepted the vehicle.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
So to clarify, I didn’t know it was leaking oil until after I got it to San Diego. I stopped by a family members house on my way home and I saw liquid coming out from underneath and assumed it was just Air Conditioner condensation, as it was well over 100 degrees… after I dropped my Jeep off at the dealer, my family member informs me that there is oil spots on her driveway… so I agree, if I knew it was leaking oil, I never would have made that drive or accepted the vehicle.
Well that makes a good majority of the previous posts unwarranted, but somewhat entertaining :)
Good luck w/ the repair, and it should be a pretty straightforward R&R.

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Now that color changes things.
Best of luck.

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
In re-reading your post #1...your post above only seems like you’re back-peddling now.

I think the only thing we agree on is the fact that the A8 is TOAST.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Donevan.Ausborn

First Name
Donevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangle JLU Sport S 2.0, 03 VTX 1800 C
My Transmission also went out pretty early, 20,000 miles started getting stuck in 8th gear then shifting super rough. Read the codes it was flashing saw it was transmission started freaking out then I remembered about my warranty and got an $8,000 repair for free!!! I got a brand new transmission now, but I'm starting to hear a slight knock in my back left wheel well when slowing down, becoming more consistent now. So not much luck here with maintenance.

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Welcome to the forum.

That’s sucks. These transmissions are tough and durable.

You will need to involve @JeepCares . They will help you deal with your dealer, and open up a case with FCA.

Good luck.
Or as I like to call them @JeepDoesn'tCare

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
One positive to know, (once a dealership sorts out your problem) is that the ZF-8 transmission design is one of the finest automatics ever built.
Had one in a Ram 1500 Hemi,
Currently have one in a '22 BMW X5,
And have one my '22 Willys.

Donevan.Ausborn

First Name
Donevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangle JLU Sport S 2.0, 03 VTX 1800 C
One positive to know, (once a dealership sorts out your problem) is that the ZF-8 transmission design is one of the finest automatics ever built.
Had one in a Ram 1500 Hemi,
Currently have one in a '22 BMW X5,
And have one my '22 Willys.
Is there a way to tell which Trans we have?
Sponsored