Sponsored

Blinding screen when turning car off?

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the uconnect screen from blinding me every time I turn my Jeep off? Is there a setting somewhere to control this?

I have my dash lights and screen set to a certain brightness, and every time I park, they both go blindingly full blast bright mode.

Any ideas how to get it to stop?
Sponsored

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
Mine doesn't do this, have no issues with the screen when turning off.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Blindingly sounds a bit exaggerated. Yes it is a nuisance, but that’s all unless you stared at the screen when turning your car off. If, don’t do it. Lol

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
This drives me crazy, I drive on dark rural roads and keep my dash lights set near the minimum level all the time. Hopefully Jeep is listening and can put out a software update. I think most of FCAs current vehicles are like this, excluding the JK of course. Ideally they could use the daylight sensor to figure out what needs to happen.

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
Was hopeful for an answer to the OP when this thread appeared in search results. Disappointed to not really find one. I dread turning my new '19 off cuz I know that bright light is gonna hit me. Look away! Look away! I might have to put a sign on the passenger side dash to caution riders to not look at the screen when the engine shuts off.
Sponsored