imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Eco Diesel; 2014 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Call me ridiculous, but if I take my doors off my jeep, WHY does the Blind spot monitor stop working? I mean, I know why, but really, WHY? The sensors are in the taillights, and the sound comes through the speakers, which has nothing to do with my doors, the only thing I'm missing is the mirror, which has a light on it! couldn't Jeep leave it active even when the doors are off? Even with my tube doors on, my cheap mirrors are not very good, so, it would be nice to have the extra security.

Just a thought!
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
In the logic of the system where the tech works appropriately, your request makes sense. However... don’t rely on the BSM as a substitute for turning your head to do a quick spot check.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Like GPS..... gps told me to drive here..... vehicle ends up in a field or in a lake.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Call me ridiculous, but if I take my doors off my jeep, WHY does the Blind spot monitor stop working? I mean, I know why, but really, WHY? The sensors are in the taillights, and the sound comes through the speakers, which has nothing to do with my doors, the only thing I'm missing is the mirror, which has a light on it! couldn't Jeep leave it active even when the doors are off? Even with my tube doors on, my cheap mirrors are not very good, so, it would be nice to have the extra security.

Just a thought!
I think I get the essence here Frank of your justified questioning of the BSM system's engineering given that the door's function in this process is merely a visual warning that supplements the auditory one. I surmise that this is more about "why shouldn't BSM work under these conditions," than "I need BSM."

I wonder if some adapter could be plugged into the door's electronics connector to fool the system into thinking that BSM should remain active, without throwing your rig into Auto-Park as a consequence of the vehicle thinking you've got the door attached (when it really isn't) and it's ajar.

Some of the people over at the Proximity Door Locks thread, particularly the Sport S owners, know a whole lot about the pinning of this electric junction out of necessity to get it to work in this model JL, where certain things are not put in at the factory as is the case for the Sahara and Rubicon. They might be able to tell you where to buy the door side connector, and how to properly pin it if you truly seek BSM with door's detached.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...nstructions-parts-links-on-jl-wrangler.49241/

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The system was calibrated to work with the doors on. I bet it wasn't tested enough with doors off. It would've cost too much on development for something that isn't necessary. Use your neck.
Sponsored