Blackvue rear cam quick disconnect.

hand0z

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 JLUR
Hi everybody, first post. Actually subscribed after lurking for years just because this was something I had so much trouble finding myself. Even with search functions. I finally ended up being able to piece a few bits of information together from a couple different posts.

Thought it might help others who wanted a way to quick disconnect their Blackvue rear cam that they've run to the back window. I know some people seem to run their rear cam to the sound bar, which is good for inside security and lets you take your top off without having to worry about it.. but I wanted my rear cam on my back window. In order to take the top off I'd have to disconnect the rear cam, and unsnake all the wiring I've so neatly tucked into headliners, zip ties, plastic cable clips, etc. I searched and searched and finally found everything I needed to give my Blackvue rear cam a quick disconnect so I could keep all my wiring where it is.

You need two things:
A female MCX to female MCX connector. Here's a link to one. It came in about three weeks. It comes as a set of two.
https://www.onelinkmore.com/rf-coax...male-straight-connector-pack-of-2-p-2239.html

A 1.5 meter Blackvue coaxial video cable. I'm sure you can find cheaper elsewhere. I just happened to know this one would work!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VNPDH2Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The 1.5 meter length gives you the perfect length to run to the middle of the window from the standard cable disconnect point for a hard top. Just run your 1.5 meter cable from the camera to the disconnect point, and then connect the longer cable that comes with the blackvue camera initially that comes from the front camera.. and voila, you now have the ability to take your top off without having to unsnake your beautiful wiring!

I'm sure this is stupid, and totally unnecessary. I'm also sure if I dived in real deep I could probably find this information. For me it was a matter of not being super knowledgeable on RF cable types and connectors. Even being certified by 3m in various fiber and RF connections, there are dozens, if not hundreds of connector types, and it was hard to find out what connector types I had to work with!
Sponsored