Sponsored

Blackstone Oil Report with 27K+ miles

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So here is my oil report with 27K+ miles on the rig, first OLF was about 1500 and roughly every 6k there after. Always Royal Purple 5w/30 but the filters have varied from Napa Gold, Wix XP or Mobil 1(quality filters not Fram shit) please no oil wars from the Amsoil nerds, I don't give two shits about you or your crap. This is just a FYI and nothing more, but looks like RP is good shit, and yes I can go longer and "save money" but it's a $50K vehicle and oil is cheap.

Jeep Wrangler JL Blackstone Oil Report with 27K+ miles Blackstone Lab Report10241024_1
Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
I had very similar result with you, seems it can run modern full synthetic oil for at least 10k miles no problem but again, oil is cheap, can do it myself under 15 minutes in garage.

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
Looks good, wouldn't you say? I have never had an oil sample done on a vehicle, so I think I may start doing it with this new Jeep. How often do you plan on having your's sampled? I was thinking of doing it maybe every 10k. I would also like to see a repository for all the samples people get. That way when people that have had their oil sampled, and an internal engine component fails, we might be able to track oil samples for an early warning of wear. Just a thought.

When I was in the AF, I used to work on the SOAP machine (Spectrum Oil Analysis) I know they would check a sample prior to flight, and if there was an anomaly, it could ground an aircraft. Trucking companies, airlines, cabs, they all check their oil. Must be worth it or they would not spend the money on it.

OP
OP
RedundanT

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Looks good, wouldn't you say? I have never had an oil sample done on a vehicle, so I think I may start doing it with this new Jeep. How often do you plan on having your's sampled? I was thinking of doing it maybe every 10k. I would also like to see a repository for all the samples people get. That way when people that have had their oil sampled, and an internal engine component fails, we might be able to track oil samples for an early warning of wear. Just a thought.

When I was in the AF, I used to work on the SOAP machine (Spectrum Oil Analysis) I know they would check a sample prior to flight, and if there was an anomaly, it could ground an aircraft. Trucking companies, airlines, cabs, they all check their oil. Must be worth it or they would not spend the money on it.
Probably do it again at about 40k.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Thanks for sharing. All the oil analysis I've ever seen says 10k is too late, and 5k is too early. But as you said, oil is cheap and I'd rather do it early.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Looking good! I go 6k on mine w/ 5w20 Rotella full synth and Mobil1 filters. And yeah, oil is cheap, especially when the Rotella was $10 a 5qt jug and those filters were clearance at Wal Mart for $3 per :) Got enough oil and filters to get another 10 changes!

Reactions: VNT

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I do every 6k miles too. But I use corn oil. Works just fine.

Jking. I use Amsoil. Did you know Amsoil can change your life and the performance of your Jeep by an increase of 10% mystery efficiency metric? Amsoil is literally piss from the Gods and independent tests run by Amsoil shows no other oil compares to it.

Jking. I use pennzoil, every 6k miles or 6 months. Oil is cheap as you said. i use royal purple on the differentials, it is good stuff.
Sponsored

Last edited: