jdpatt12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon 2019 Jeep Cherokee , 2015 ford mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
This is the 2nd wrangler I’ve had that the black top leaves streaks onto the paint. Is there a way to seal the top to stop this?
Sponsored

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
This is the 2nd wrangler I’ve had that the black top leaves streaks onto the paint. Is there a way to seal the top to stop this?
If it is a sticky black substance, I have the same issue. I think it’s the glue they used to attach the weather stripping to the metal. I just wipe it away when I wash my Jeep.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
If it is a sticky black substance, I have the same issue. I think it’s the glue they used to attach the weather stripping to the metal. I just wipe it away when I wash my Jeep.
I also had the same issue, I haven’t noticed it recently.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Before buying, I visited a dozen different dealers, most on multiple occasions, and every white jeep had streaking below the hardtop. Mostly, it seemed to wipe right off but sometimes their would be a light staining that still looked like it could be cleaned with a bit more than a dry wipe. Once the 19's were mixed in with the unsold 18's, it seemed less noticeable on the ones that have seen more time and more rain events. Not that I trust anything out of the mouth of a salesperson, but a few of them said that it eventually stops when the newness wears off, which seems to jive with my own observations. White was on my short list, so I always checked them out.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Pics, or it dont exist.

Sponsored

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 bright white jlu sport and I've never seen streaks. I have removed the top a few times and still nothing, it doesn't rain here a lot but it's been wet more than a few times

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I've had 4 JKs and 2 JLs. All have done this. It is normal. Just wipe it off when you wash the jeep.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Same here..I get streaks near passenger side cowl. Only thing that takes it out completely is the Mopar Bug & Tar remover(stuff is awesome!)
Sponsored