Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
So I thought I would post a quick build on my 2021 Rubi. I have been getting a few questions on it so I thought I would post some pics and details. I bought this 2021 Rubi about six weeks ago. Here is a pic of me picking it up at dealer. Before someone asks, I got the XR for the gears. everything else was just Icing. Always intended to do a quality lift.
Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_3709.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
I was actually looking for a 392 but refused to pay the extortion fees. This one turned up as a order someone had cancelled. Couple weeks and a deposit and it was mine. Already had the Metalcloak GameChanger waiting in garage. Also ordered the front and rear bumpers and license plate holder from Metalcloak. I had a older Smittybilt winch not being used. Installed a new recovery rope from TRE. Supposed to be silver but looks a lot like white. Oh well. Here are a couple pics with lift, bumpers and winch installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_4294.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_4291.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_4297.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_4287.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_4286.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Also did diff covers and wheel spacers. Not sure the spacers were needed but they are 1.25 and do work with stock wheels without cutting studs.

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Yesterday I did another bolt tighten with 600 miles on lift. Also installed the driveshaft finally. No more rubbing worries and I am calling it broke in. I will now be doing a little more offroad stuff.
Pic of Metalcloak driveline.
Wheels, tires, sensors and step/sliders maybe today.

Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_4332.JPG

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Steps and wheels showed up yesterday. No tires or sensors. Maybe Monday. Oh well, steps going on now.

IMG_4333.JPG

IMG_4334.JPG

IMG_4336.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Step/sliders went on with no drama. I wired the lights to one of the auxiliary switches. There is a ground right next to the wires that are available under the hood. Picking these steps took some time and research. Trying to find something that is dog friendly is very hard. I had found a few that fit the bill. That being no holes or slots for the dog to get foot or toes struck in getting in and out. Wife also had to sign off on them. I wanted to buy U.S. built stuff but it did not happen here. Basically the U.S. stuff that worked for the dog and grandkids was not available. So I went with these. They seem well built and were very easy to install. I will check back after some drive time.
Here are some pics. Also new since last pics is hardtop and Amazon antenna.

The wires available for the switches and the ground..

IMG_4341.JPG

IMG_4343.JPG

IMG_4344.JPG

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Oh yeah, I called uncle on the Auto Start/Stop. I thought I could train myself to turn it off every time. I forget it a lot. Unplugged. I will take the light on dash till If and when I get around to a Tazer.

IMG_4345.JPG

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Tires and sensors were delivered today. Just waiting on balance beads and some time. Hopefully this week.
Jeep Wrangler JL Black Rubi XR build IMG_4355.JPG

IMG_4354.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Was there a reason/limitation for you going aftermarket wheels and scrapping the XR's?
Yes. No beadlock rings available. Even though several places advertise them as being available they are backordered from manufacture with no shipping date. Got very frustrated with some taking money then informing me of this when they stated in stock. I will keep the xr wheels for future use. I do like them. As a side note the Methods with 37's weigh slightly less than the XR's with 35's. XR's with 35's, 103lb, Methods with 37's, 98lb. Thats with 12 ounce of weight added to both.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
That looks sharp! Not familiar with those steps, really like the rock light placement on them. Do you think they offer respectable protection as sliders?

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Your Jeep sits too high now in my opinion, and looks too good. It is at least 3 inches taller than mine, and that’s not fair. It makes all of us more normal-looking, small lift Jeep folks feel bad and become filled with envy. Please remove your lift and put on smaller tires. To reduce our feeling of inadequacy, we will refuse to park next to you until this is done. Thank you.

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
That looks sharp! Not familiar with those steps, really like the rock light placement on them. Do you think they offer respectable protection as sliders?
Thanks. I am thinking they will offer some protection. They are mounted to body mounts and pinch weld. They are heavy gauge steel. Probably more of a step than a slider though. Pretty high up to be a good step also. Mostly bought them for the grandkids, pup and wife. 2 out of three like them. Wife wants a escalator. Lights are cool.

OP
OP
firedude

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Your Jeep sits too high now in my opinion, and looks too good. It is at least 3 inches taller than mine, and that’s not fair. It makes all of us more normal-looking, small lift Jeep folks feel bad and become filled with envy. Please remove your lift and put on smaller tires. To reduce our feeling of inadequacy, we will refuse to park next to you until this is done. Thank you.
LOL. Your probably not going to like new stance.

IMG_4367.JPG

IMG_4366.JPG

IMG_4363.JPG

IMG_4370.JPG
Sponsored