Sponsored

PROBLEM RESOLVED Black Rhino Abrams : 3rd Brake light Troubles.

Razak77

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Hello All,

looking for some advice on a 3rd brake light rig that fits inside the wheel for the look where it rests just above the camera. I have a JLU Ruby.

I am running 37 12.5 17 tires on Black Rhino Abrams 17x9.50.

I tried the Mopar 3rd brake light Rig and the kits lugs are too shallow .. in order for that system to work the lugs need to be like 6-8 inches long.

Should i just get spacers? does that harm the security of the wheel?

Any advice is appreciated.

Jeep Wrangler JL PROBLEM RESOLVED Black Rhino Abrams : 3rd Brake light Troubles. IMG_0177
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Should i just get spacers?
A spacer isn’t going to work for what you want to do. A spacer is meant to “space”/move the wheel further from the tire carrier.

If you haven’t reinforced the tailgate yet, especially with the weight of that wheel and tire combo, I suggest the Teraflex Alpha HD tire carrier. It moves the camera using a mechanism that should work with your setup.

OP
OP
Razak77

Razak77

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
A spacer isn’t going to work for what you want to do. A spacer is meant to “space”/move the wheel further from the tire carrier.

If you haven’t reinforced the tailgate yet, especially with the weight of that wheel and tire combo, I suggest the Teraflex Alpha HD tire carrier. It moves the camera using a mechanism that should work with your setup.

thanks I appreciate the advice I actually have the Smitty built HD. Working great so far

OP
OP
Razak77

Razak77

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Hi all I figured it out, if anyone else wants to mount the Abrams black rhino wheel, please have them reach out to me so I can give him some advice on how to wire it up With the third brake light

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hi all I figured it out, if anyone else wants to mount the Abrams black rhino wheel, please have them reach out to me so I can give him some advice on how to wire it up With the third brake light
How about posting back here so we can see what the solution is?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Razak77

Razak77

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
will do! Il upload the fix and photos this weekend.

OP
OP
Razak77

Razak77

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
thank you @JimLee : that is what I was told too. then I simply looked at the parts and noticed the dummies at the shop just failed to figure out the kit. in their defense the instructions sucked. the SMittybilt HD kit comes with the parts required. USER ERROR!
Sponsored