Sponsored

Black Jeep Wrangler JL Wrapped in XPEL Stealth Protection Film

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
My JLUR is BLACK!!

I got the XPEL STEALTH Satin one, but yes, 3M offers a CLEAR paint protection film as well!

I got the clear put on mine. Everything just beads right up. No more rock chips or bird shit destroying your hood :)
Sponsored

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
Ok. JUST when I thought I had a clear plan for my build up I come across this thread. Dammit! Hahahaah! I think I want to do this on just my hood. I had thought about getting one of those stickers for the center to cut down the sun glare, but this is WAY freekin cooler! I'd love to do the whole wrap but 5K is just way way waaaayyy out of my budget range. Anyone done hood only??

dswift09

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '17 VW GTI, '17 MB GLC
My JLUR goes into the shop in 2 weeks for Xpel. The installer has given me 3 options for the "Rubicon" decals on the hood: (1) put the Xpel over the top - he says this is easiest but might cause a small air bubbler two since the decals are pretty thick, (2) take the decals off and reapply new ones on top of the Xpel - no chance of bubbles but extra steps/$ and the decals aren't protected, and (3) cut out around the decals - no chance of bubbles, no coverage, leaves an edge. I'm definitely against #3 but not sure about 1 or 2. What have others done?

Last edited:

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
My JLUR goes into the shop in 2 weeks for Xpel. The installer has given my 3 options for the "Rubicon" decals on the hood: (1) put the Xpel over the top - he says this is easiest but might cause a small air bubble since the decals are pretty thick, (2) take the decals off and reapply new ones on top of the Xpel - no chance of bubbles but extra steps/$ and the decals aren't protected, and (3) cut out around the decals - no chance of bubbles, no coverage, leaves and edge. I'm definitely against #3 but not sure about 1 or 2. What have others done?
The OP in this thread was asked that question, and he stated that he just put the Xpel film right over his Rubicon decal, and he included this picture:
Jeep Wrangler JL Black Jeep Wrangler JL Wrapped in XPEL Stealth Protection Film 3151CFD3-E17A-445B-9D2D-AB726D6DB0B7

No visible bubbles. Although others might be able to chime in as to how they’ve handled the decal when doing film.

dswift09

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The OP in this thread was asked that question, and he stated that he just put the Xpel film right over his Rubicon decal, and he included this picture:
Jeep Wrangler JL Black Jeep Wrangler JL Wrapped in XPEL Stealth Protection Film 3151CFD3-E17A-445B-9D2D-AB726D6DB0B7

No visible bubbles. Although others might be able to chime in as to how they’ve handled the decal when doing film.
Thanks. tried to scan the full thread for that but obviously missed it. I appreciate you pointing it out.

Sponsored

Memphisthetank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
@darylkeys That looks amazing. Thanks for the pics and details. Questions:

1. Your JLUR came with the regular flat black fenders and hardtop - NOT the body color fenders and hardtop, correct?
2. Are the fenders and hardtop also wrapped?
3. Is there a noticeable difference, in person, between these non-body color parts and the rest of the vehicle? Looks like a decent match in the photos.

The cost of this wrap is painful, but I’m thinking I can come up with half the cost, by foregoing the body color top and fenders, and switching my color choice to black.
Resurrecting this question, I want to to get the stealth wrap but would like to know if this works with a jeep that has a non-painted top and non-painted fenders.

@XPEL Any insight here?

Slippery Pete

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUW XR 2.0T
Someone do a Sting Gray Willys XR SOT so I can see if I would want this. 😆

dswift09

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR with SOT roof. I put the Xpel over all the stickers. Looks great and 18 months later no issues at all.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Resurrecting this question, I want to to get the stealth wrap but would like to know if this works with a jeep that has a non-painted top and non-painted fenders.

@XPEL Any insight here?
Most wraps do not adhere well to textured surfaces. My guess is that they'll advise against wrapping the top and non-painted fenders.

Memphisthetank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
@darylkeys That looks amazing. Thanks for the pics and details. Questions:

1. Your JLUR came with the regular flat black fenders and hardtop - NOT the body color fenders and hardtop, correct?
2. Are the fenders and hardtop also wrapped?
3. Is there a noticeable difference, in person, between these non-body color parts and the rest of the vehicle? Looks like a decent match in the photos.

The cost of this wrap is painful, but I’m thinking I can come up with half the cost, by foregoing the body color top and fenders, and switching my color choice to black.

@XPEL Any insight here?
Most wraps do not adhere well to textured surfaces. My guess is that they'll advise against wrapping the top and non-painted fenders.
Thanks man, I went in this afternoon with a vendor and they confirmed. They said it can be ceramic coated but not sure if that's something I should be exploring. I'm doing more homework on it.
Sponsored