Sponsored

Black Jeep Wrangler JL Wrapped in XPEL Stealth Protection Film

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
These clear wraps are great . Have done other vehicles recently and considering the JL. Does offer some protection but if you think rocks and tree limps are going to bounce off you will be disappointed. Small scratches and small rocks yes, meds to large not so much.
Top three are Suntek , Xpel and 3M in no particular order. Key is the prep and the install. Don't cheap out on the installer . Price should vary all across the country but i paid well over 2K for a corvette to be 90% covered with Suntek Premium and it took 3 days here in LA. Certainly makes clean up easier. Sounds like they have their pre cut programs in the dealers hands which should make it easier for the installers as they don't have to cut each piece . Push a button and the computer kicks it out.
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Rig looks great. I will be doing this to entire Jeep but probably not the roof. Key is a good installer. This can get pricey to really do it right. On my other cars it is upwards of $3500 if you get the paint perfect and correct it before the install. Cheaper if you just slap it on.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Hi there,

Yes, our XPEL Pre-Cut Kits from our DAP (Design Access Program) do account for the hinges. We strive to have the most accurate and most robust pattern software available. #ProtectAllTheThings
So they can cover the hinges to help with the chips or your pre-cut kits go around the hinges? Sorry for the confusion but the dealer straight out said the hinges would be an issue and wouldn't get covered. He recommended removing and using a bedliner type product

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hi there,

Yes, our XPEL Pre-Cut Kits from our DAP (Design Access Program) do account for the hinges. We strive to have the most accurate and most robust pattern software available. #ProtectAllTheThings
Thanks for the reply! Do most installers have access to the DAP?

sm16

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi, 2016 BMW X6M
So they can cover the hinges to help with the chips or your pre-cut kits go around the hinges? Sorry for the confusion but the dealer straight out said the hinges would be an issue and wouldn't get covered. He recommended removing and using a bedliner type product
I’m having mine XPEL Stealth wrapped right now, and the installer thinks the hinges will be an issue. He’s going to try to do them with a clear wrap on the hinges to just try to protect them. It’s basically a custom job, taking apart the whole Jeep. They’re being extra careful, so I’m glad they’re taking their time. I’m at 6 days and counting. Hoping to pick it up on Friday morning.

Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I’m having mine XPEL Stealth wrapped right now, and the installer thinks the hinges will be an issue. He’s going to try to do them with a clear wrap on the hinges to just try to protect them. It’s basically a custom job, taking apart the whole Jeep. They’re being extra careful, so I’m glad they’re taking their time. I’m at 6 days and counting. Hoping to pick it up on Friday morning.
Very cool. Please post pics and report back how you like it. Do you mind saying what you are paying to have the whole Jeep done

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for the reply! Do most installers have access to the DAP?
I called one local XPEL installer and they don't use pre-cuts. Kinda surprised me but the machine is probably expensive and they have the skill to cut by hand you would hope.

There is one website I found called tintzoom.com that sells pre-cut kits if you wanted to try yourself. No idea how legit these guys are. I'm still debating using this to save a buck.

sm16

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very cool. Please post pics and report back how you like it. Do you mind saying what you are paying to have the whole Jeep done
I definitely will. He came highly recommended
I’ll definitely post pics when it’s done. He came highly recommended and when I stopped by last week, I saw the guys putting it on and it looked like they custom cut the whole thing. Probably why it’s taking so long. The cost is about $6K - that’s to cover every painted part on the Jeep. I have body color fenders and roof. It’s a pretty penny, but I’m assured I’ll love it.

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I called one local XPEL installer and they don't use pre-cuts. Kinda surprised me but the machine is probably expensive and they have the skill to cut by hand you would hope.

There is one website I found called tintzoom.com that sells pre-cut kits if you wanted to try yourself. No idea how legit these guys are. I'm still debating using this to save a buck.
I'd much rather pay a little more and have a professional complete the install. The shop near me is pretty nice actually, I think they have a plotting machine on site. I'm going to try and get a quote this week or early next week.

Sponsored

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I'd much rather pay a little more and have a professional complete the install. The shop near me is pretty nice actually, I think they have a plotting machine on site. I'm going to try and get a quote this week or early next week.
I'm curious to see what the recommend for you and if they have pre-cuts? Are you just doing grill, fenders, bra? Please share that and costs if you get them?

I wouldn't say it's a "little" more expensive. Labor is at least 50% of the cost to have it done (so double the materials cost). But I also didn't say it wasn't worth it!

Doing some final detailing on my LJ to sell before my JL comes in and man the road grime and marks on the paint make me a sad panda. So hard to get this crap off even with clay bar and wd40. I will definitely be doing PPF on the new Jeep.

CZ 75

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I really want to do this to my JLUR too. But man a good job is pricey . I could pay off a quarter of what I owe on the loan with the funds. For now it'll be lots of chemical guys sealant wax and elbowgrease.

Fudgepoop

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Punk' N
Did they wrap the fenders as well? I want to get my fenders wrapped but not sure if the vinyl would adhere to them well.

sm16

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did they wrap the fenders as well? I want to get my fenders wrapped but not sure if the vinyl would adhere to them well.
I got my whole Jeep wrapped, including fenders, but they are painted. Not sure how Xpel works on unpainted surfaces.

JL_Brendan_JL

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Finished Product! Couldn’t be happier!

Wrapped in XPEL STEALTH protection film. My JL is black but the XPEL STEALTH is a semi clear film which gives the original all color a satin look.

JLUR purchased from Joey Accardi Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM and wrapped by Autosupershield.

2018-Jeep-JL-Wrangler-satin-matte-black-vinyl-wrap5.jpg

2018-Jeep-JL-Wrangler-satin-matte-black-vinyl-wrap6.jpg

2018-Jeep-JL-Wrangler-satin-matte-black-vinyl-wrap1.jpg

2018-Jeep-JL-Wrangler-satin-matte-black-vinyl-wrap3.jpg

2018-Jeep-JL-Wrangler-satin-matte-black-vinyl-wrap2.jpg

2018-Jeep-JL-Wrangler-satin-matte-black-vinyl-wrap4.jpg
WHERE CAN I GET THAT SUN SHADE???!
Sponsored