Black Jeep Wrangler JL Wrapped in XPEL Stealth Protection Film

XPEL

First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Big thanks to everyone for the XPEL love. We're happy to help answer any questions, comments, or concerns y'all may have.

To clear it up about the ceramic coatings, you can absolutely have ceramic coatings applied to the top of the XPEL. Just never put it underneath as it could interfere with the adhesion of the film over time. Adding it on top of the XPEL does the same benefit as it would putting it on your paint. It'll add gloss, make it hydrophobic, and even easier to clean.

In fact, if your Jeep isn't washed often, or if it gets dirty often, then we would even highly recommend having a ceramic coating applied to the top of it to help with the ease of maintenance.
Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Big thanks to everyone for the XPEL love. We're happy to help answer any questions, comments, or concerns y'all may have.

To clear it up about the ceramic coatings, you can absolutely have ceramic coatings applied to the top of the XPEL. Just never put it underneath as it could interfere with the adhesion of the film over time. Adding it on top of the XPEL does the same benefit as it would putting it on your paint. It'll add gloss, make it hydrophobic, and even easier to clean.

In fact, if your Jeep isn't washed often, or if it gets dirty often, then we would even highly recommend having a ceramic coating applied to the top of it to help with the ease of maintenance.
How well does Xpel Ultimate/Stealth hold up to offroad debris like mud, small rocks, tree branches, ect?

XPEL

First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How well does Xpel Ultimate/Stealth hold up to offroad debris like mud, small rocks, tree branches, ect?
Bearded_Dragon,

It holds up very well. The films are self-healing so fine scratches from mud and tree branches will self-heal from the heat of the sun. Additionally, the film has a low surface energy which means it's more slippery than your paint. This causes things like mud, dirt, bird droppings, and more to not stick to the film as easily, and if they do stick, they wipe off much much easier.

Sponsored

PGFDE121

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 FX-35
This Jeep/ thread inspired me to make my first post! Is it possible to do a vehicle wrap that uses both this wrap but also has graphics? More or less like the bus wraps that have advertisements?

This Jeep really looks awesome!

Col Oliver

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler UL Rubicon, 2015 Indian Scout, 2015 Challenger Shaker, 1979 Triumph TR8
I would be willing to take one for the team since I have a bright white rubi and if we do a go find me I’d show you all what it looks like...... I’m just selfless that way

Sponsored

mobilejay

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion CB '09, Focus RS '16, Lexus NXT 15'
Looks great, congrats! For the guys wanting it super cheap and thinking of just buying the 500$ kit to do it yourself, you will not be happy if you've never done this before. This is something that takes YEARS of experience to master. We normally are at 5k-5500 for a full body wrap and about 2 full days. You can and should treat this like paint so washing and waxing still needs to be done. We apply ceramic coatings to ppf all day long and it lasts just as long as it does on paint if not a little longer. I have my car and my wifes car fully wrapped in clear ppf (suntek's version) and I can't see having another car not fully wrapped. Best money you can spend to keep everything fully protected.

XPEL

First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This Jeep/ thread inspired me to make my first post! Is it possible to do a vehicle wrap that uses both this wrap but also has graphics? More or less like the bus wraps that have advertisements?

This Jeep really looks awesome!
Hi there,

Yes, you can absolutely put the XPEL film on top of or underneath vinyl graphic film.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I just got off the phone with a Xpel installer and his only concern with wrapping my jeep is the external hinges on the hood and doors, he doesn't think it would lay down well and may be an issue later. What did you do with yours?

FUBAR

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just got off the phone with a Xpel installer and his only concern with wrapping my jeep is the external hinges on the hood and doors, he doesn't think it would lay down well and may be an issue later. What did you do with yours?
I would also like to know. :)

@XPEL Does the template account for this?

XPEL

First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would also like to know. :)

@XPEL Does the template account for this?
Hi there,

Yes, our XPEL Pre-Cut Kits from our DAP (Design Access Program) do account for the hinges. We strive to have the most accurate and most robust pattern software available. #ProtectAllTheThings
Sponsored