Sponsored

Black is played out...Show off your non-black wheels!

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I think most wranglers look good with the black wheels (that's what came stock on this rig). but most of the Hella-Yella Wranglers I see have black wheels on them... its a safe modern look, I get it. But I wanted to be different, so I chose to go back to that classic look for my first & maybe last Rubicon. I researched so many photos (old & new) and could not find many other color wheels showing with my JLR color. Like I said, there are lots of new black wheel examples and lots with old chrome but not much more. So I took a leap of faith that the Jeep Performance Silver/Carbon wheel with OWL BFGs would give me that "old-school, so-cool" look. I am 100% happy with the way this one is coming together in my garage.

jlrubi front2.jpg

17" Mopar slotted silver wheels on OWL 37" BFG KO2s

jlrubibee1.jpg
You got more pics of the jeep?

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
To start out, I have a very very low opinion of wheels over 17" on anything outside of a 1 ton truck...

However, those are some stupid cool wheels! What series are they?
Thanks! Moto Metal Buckshot is the series. Unfortunately the smallest size they made was 20” and although I wanted the satin black version (hahaha) , I was happy to get a hold of the other version right when they were being discontinued. For what its worth I shoot shotguns professionally and am sponsored so this look was a no brainer for me. I usually don’t post photos because I know how most feel about the size and finish but this thread roped me and convinced me to post. 😉

Last edited:

Digger 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
After having bead locks for many years, I'd never have anything but a silver ring. The painted rings get trashed and are too noticeable. I take a flap disc to my TR rings every time a tire is dismounted.

Sponsored

Will.Batt

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
After having bead locks for many years, I'd never have anything but a silver ring. The painted rings get trashed and are too noticeable. I take a flap disc to my TR rings every time a tire is dismounted.
Curious what grit disc you are using and what the outcome looks like...... pics?

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Black is played out...Show off your non-black wheels! 20211017_152231

Does this count?!?

Even without the mud, they're Anthracite (gunmetal) not black.

Sponsored

Jeffery

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2-door, and 1987 YJ with 427 SBC