Sponsored

Black is played out...Show off your non-black wheels!

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Hey to each their own, but I agree with the OP (and many others). I never have liked black rims, and now that it's a factory option it's gotten even more over done. Heck blacked out cars/trucks/SUVs are generally an optional package now. Not my thing.
As for the Mickey Thompson Classics. I had a set of those on my Ram. Great rims.
On my JL. I opted for the Tech Gray rims and have no intention of swapping them.

18 12-13 (2).jpg

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Black is played out...

Yeah.....

No.
Jeep 2.jpg
Oh look. Another lifted Jeep on black wheels.......in a black is played out thread.........

Yeah. I’d say played out.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Just got my wheels powder coated.

20190202_101032.jpg
Like the play on Rebel and the alliance. Don't know what Jeep was thinking painting the Sport S wheels silver? The Sport S wheel is one that definitely looks better painted darker instead of bright silver. The Sport S wheels look SO MUCH better powdered coated darker! Huge difference. Is that gun metal? How much was it to powder coat, remount and rebalance wheels?

Red-5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rebelcon
Vehicle Showcase
Like the play on Rebel and the alliance. Don't know what Jeep was thinking painting the Sport S wheels silver? The Sport S wheel is one that definitely looks better painted darker instead of bright silver. The Sport S wheels look SO MUCH better powdered coated darker! Huge difference. Is that gun metal? How much was it to powder coat, remount and rebalance wheels?
Thanks for complementing the wheels...the switch was night and day...I barely recognized then Jeep when I picked her up. The color is smokey Bronze...$100/wheel to powder coat. Then remount and balance.

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
So I really like the Mopar Beadlocks and I hope they make them in silver with the black ring like they have on the Nacho Sema Jeep. I'd like to do this setup on a new 2 door "Bikini" Rubicon. I would do the bead bolts in bikini or rubi red to match.

nacho-jeep.jpg

20171031192202-cb5bac51-me (1).jpg

mopar silver and black.jpg
I wonder who makes those lights...awesome wheel too

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder who makes those lights...awesome wheel too
The lights on the front and the lights behind the windshield are supposed to be put out by Mopar sometime in the future. As far as who is making them for them I'm not sure. I thought I saw a thread on here somewhere that listed who is manufacturing them for Mopar.
Sponsored