First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Once again, I don't know where to post this.

Does the black hard top transmit a lot of heat to the interior of the Jeep, with the headliner installed?
Also, does the extra heat from a black top make the adhesive eventually fail on the headliner?

I like the Hella Yellow, but I see I can't get it with a body colored top. We get a lot of 100F+ days here in So Cal inland areas. I also like the blue and silver, which can come with body colored tops.
Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Once again, I don't know where to post this.

Does the black hard top transmit a lot of heat to the interior of the Jeep, with the headliner installed?
Also, does the extra heat from a black top make the adhesive eventually fail on the headliner?

I like the Hella Yellow, but I see I can't get it with a body colored top. We get a lot of 100F+ days here in So Cal inland areas. I also like the blue and silver, which can come with body colored tops.
Hi Jon, these are great questions. The darker the top, the more energy it will absorb from the sun. So a black top will get hotter than a white top. Headliners do a great job regulating the temperature. Our Hothead Headliners for example, will block a lot of that heat & radiation with our use of Radiant Barrier.

The extra heat will not make the adhesive we use, fail. We use high-quality 3M VHB tape rated up to 300 degrees. The hottest we've seen any top get is 180 degrees.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to us directly.

-Mark