Sponsored

Black Hard Top vs. Body Color Hard Top

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
It takes 2 people to lift the entire back portion off.
The JK hardtop is about 130lb so one person can take it off. Putting it back on is the difficult part and I'd highly recommend two people for that.
Sponsored

MiKiEPNyC

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara (White w/Tan)
Does anyone know if the new JL top will fit on a JK? I’m about to pick up a white Sahara with a black top. I’d like to order the body color top but don’t want to get stuck with 2 hard tops. I’ll have to wait for a while to get the white top if not compatible since there’s not really going to be a market for the black top yet.

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Does anyone know if the new JL top will fit on a JK? I’m about to pick up a white Sahara with a black top. I’d like to order the body color top but don’t want to get stuck with 2 hard tops. I’ll have to wait for a while to get the white top if not compatible since there’s not really going to be a market for the black top yet.
I wouldn’t think so.. they changed front window rake... but don’t know for sure

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I wouldn’t think so.. they changed front window rake... but don’t know for sure
Given enough duct tape and bailing wire... Maybe.

Sponsored

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
Worse comes to worse you can always have the black unpainted top painted to match. Most reputable body shops can do it for far less then that extra $1k Jeep charges.

The guy I’ve used for other paint jobs who does very nice work said he could do it for $300 or $400 I forget which.

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Just came across this thread and this brought me a chuckle. I ordered a JL Wrangler a few weeks ago and I've been debating nonstop. I spent all day at the dealer trying to decide things and now keep second guessing.

My biggest debates were the color, the top choice and the radio. I slightly debated the seats but I prefer cloth as I've had nothing but issues with leather over the years cracking, getting rips, tears, holes. Leather looks great but has caused me problems over the years.

Vehicle color....Heavily debated black, granite crystal and Sting Gray. Figured I'd split the difference with the granite crystal lol.

Went with black top after much debate. I liked both looks but figured if I really liked both, then why spend $1,000 for the color matched top if I liked the black too? The color matched top does give it a sleeker, classier look. But the black top kinda makes it feel more rugged and more like a Jeep. I keep debating this one even after placing the order though. It's tough when you like both and it's just a matter of deciding which you like more.

Lastly, the radio deciding between the 7.0 and the 8.4. Probably was the easiest choice in reality as I honestly didn't want any of the features the 8.4 offered except just the larger screen. I don't like using the NAV in my vehicles and I'm not interested in subscriptions for all the other stuff. Figured I'd again sorta hedge things by going with the smaller radio but add the Premium Alpine sound instead.

Just too many choices with this vehicle!

I was on the fence when ordering my JL but when looking back at my JK's theres simply no way to justify the paint match top when i guarantee it'll get scratched, if not when removed for sure off-roading. Now it's a waiting game. I literally changed my mind 25 times, cold weather group...yes then no, NAV..no then yes, leather or cloth...leather..etc etc
Sponsored