OP

dchant

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep grand cherokee
Interesting that Jeep installed the larger Gladiator style grill inserts. What engine option did you get?
[/QUOTE]

might be because of the front trail camera. That was another reason I was considering the satin black...just the fact that I can get a gladiator grill instead with the wider grill slots and more open mesh

Sponsored

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
I ordered the satin black grille when I ordered my JLR. It's bright white with black fenders and top; I think it looks awesome with the contrast.

OP
OP

dchant

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep grand cherokee
I ordered the satin black grille when I ordered my JLR. It's bright white with black fenders and top; I think it looks awesome with the contrast.
would love to see a pic!

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Bought the Mopar satin grill. I actually disassembled the factory one and swapped in the gray grill and headlight bezels which, IMO, makes the black appear less monolithic. That is pretty easy thing to do.

Jeep Wrangler JL Black grills tempImagevhdScQ

Sponsored

OP
OP

dchant

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep grand cherokee
A little, but here's a pic:
Jeep Wrangler JL Black grills 20210609_191934
looks good! Thanks for the pic. Also looks like you got the “better” grill inserts. That’s another reason I was considering the satin grill, cuz I can order the jt grill which comes with them standard.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I picked up what I'm assuming is a Willy's shiny black grille on eBay... It was a dealer take off at $300 shipped and I'll put it on when I do LED headlights.

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,
Bought the Mopar satin grill. I actually disassemble the factory one and swapped in the gray grill and headlight bezels which, IMO, makes the black appear less monolithic. That is pretty easy thing to do.

tempImagevhdScQ.png
That's what i was thinking of doing but I have the trail cam, so I'm not sure how the mesh will swap out.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
That's what i was thinking of doing but I have the trail cam, so I'm not sure how the mesh will swap out.
The mesh and bezels in the grill are made up of several separate pieces that lay on top of each other behind the grill itself. I don't have the camera myself so can't say much about what that piece looked like but it might be a special piece amongst others that are the same. Get a trim tool and watch some YouTube videos about taking apart, it is easy and you might find it is possible with your camera. If not, easy to put back together as it came.
Sponsored