First Name
Tad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 power wagon
Occupation
Gas Serviceman
We have a rubicon XR ordered with front trail camera and when we ordered it we just got factory front grille color. I am wanting the black grille now and I am getting a lot of different answers on if the grilles are the same with camera and not. Anybody that’s got camera can you help me? Thanks
Sponsored

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I dont have the camera but from what I understand they are different grilles. I believe you can "make" it work but it would require some fabricating. If you do post pics

OP
OP

Easttnrhino

First Name
Tad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 power wagon
Occupation
Gas Serviceman
Do the mesh pieces come out pretty easy? Just trying not to get stuck with a grille that will not work. Thanks

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Yes, they are pretty easy to swap just a few clips and some torx screws.
Gregj

Sponsored

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The grill itself is interchangeable, but as mentioned, the mesh inserts will be different.

20210824_110539.jpg

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Correct me if I’m wrong. I believe the Satin black grille you order comes with satin black inserts also. The standard inserts are charcoal. So if you swap over because of camera they are different color.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Correct me if I’m wrong. I believe the Satin black grille you order comes with satin black inserts also. The standard inserts are charcoal. So if you swap over because of camera they are different.
The Satin grill has black trim rings, they are separate from the mesh as the grill is three "layers", the grill shell, the trim rings and then the mesh. I have a red grill with black trim rings because I bought a painted grill from a guy who bought a satin grill but wanted to keep the charcoal rings.
Gregj
eta: you will also need to swap over the three color pieces that go around the bottom of the grill. They are held on by push pins and plastic wedges. Piece of cake! The scariest part is pulling hard enough on the grill to get it to pop off!

Last edited:

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
The Satin grill has black trim rings, they are separate from the mesh as the grill is three "layers", the grill shell, the trim rings and then the mesh. I have a red grill with black trim rings because I bought a painted grill from a guy who bought a satin grill but wanted to keep the charcoal rings.
Gregj
eta: you will also need to swap over the three color pieces that go around the bottom of the grill. They are held on by push pins and plastic wedges. Piece of cake! The scariest part is pulling hard enough on the grill to get it to pop off!
Thanks for clarifying. I’ve had mine apart one time (bought gloss black Rubi grille that was plasti dipped) and forgot the trim pieces were separate. 👍🏻

ambri.cloud

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara EcoDeisel
We have a rubicon XR ordered with front trail camera and when we ordered it we just got factory front grille color. I am wanting the black grille now and I am getting a lot of different answers on if the grilles are the same with camera and not. Anybody that’s got camera can you help me? Thanks
I am searching for answers on this as I want a different grille but mine was ordered with front cam. Did you get it figured out and care to share your findings?

Sponsored

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
I am searching for answers on this as I want a different grille but mine was ordered with front cam. Did you get it figured out and care to share your findings?
Pretty sure the only difference is the mesh between the standard and camera grilles, and that mesh is the same that comes on the towing package Gladiator. So you can always just swap the painted shell over only and be fine.

ambri.cloud

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara EcoDeisel
Thank you for your help! I am going to just order and try it out then.
Pretty sure the only difference is the mesh between the standard and camera grilles, and that mesh is the same that comes on the towing package Gladiator. So you can always just swap the painted shell over only and be fine.

Childredb123

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Unlimited 2021
I don’t know if you mean you are trying to add the satin grill to your build or buy it and put it on later. If you are adding after you receive Jeep make sure to purchase the one for the rubicon. There’s one for the sport/Willy’s and one for rubicon and other trims. If you purchase the sport one you can’t transfer the color matched plastic trim around the bottom.
Sponsored