Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
I know, I know...this is the JL Forum...but I recently switched to a JT, and have a Bright White one...and noticed yesterday, under all door handles, a faint black drip mark that runs from bottom of handle down.....thoughts? Prevention? Might last 4 Wranglers were dark colors so never noticed....
Figured since there would be quite a few more BW JL Owners out there than BW JT Owners, I'd get a response form you guys...
#helpaguyouthere!
Sponsored

JP18

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I've had that on all white cars that I bought new. It's mostly dust/crud from the assembly process. Wash it regularly, eventually it will stop doing it.

JP18

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve noticed this not only on my personal OB JLU (when it was new), but also on all the Jeeps on the dealer’s lot. My guess is that it’s either something used in manufacturing or just whatever gunk they used when they “detailed” it last...usually see the streaks after a rain.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If it looks what I think it does, it’s probbaly some detailing chemical that got stuck up in the handles and slowly drips out. Mine does that for a day or two after detailing every time.

Sponsored

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
White here also, never really saw any crud or stains although I did invest lots of labor and time to protect my investment.
Day one= Clay bar twice, medium buff, ceramic coating.
Day 2 reapply ceramic just in case, wait 3 hours and polish for the rest of the day.
I can say my paint is super smooth like glass and nothing sticks to it, not even the big nasty bugs.
Was worth all the effort and time and it shines like crazy, being I never finished building my garage I wash whatever car I'm going to drive.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
White here also, never really saw any crud or stains although I did invest lots of labor and time to protect my investment.
Day one= Clay bar twice, medium buff, ceramic coating.
Day 2 reapply ceramic just in case, wait 3 hours and polish for the rest of the day.
I can say my paint is super smooth like glass and nothing sticks to it, not even the big nasty bugs.
Was worth all the effort and time and it shines like crazy, being I never finished building my garage I wash whatever car I'm going to drive.
Hey Fatman... when I get my new JL, I want to hire you to come detail mine like yours! Lol!!!

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
bring it on! (bring some good ipa's too)

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Mine bleeds black from every corner of the Jeep. Its been almost 8 months and still does it. out the bottom of the doors, from the corners of the top, ect. Im sure its some kind of protectant on the seals. I dunno
Sponsored