Black Bolt On Exhaust Tip?

Tyson

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler
I am not looking to change the exhaust at this time but I would consider putting on a black bolt on exhaust tip having trouble locating a 3 1/2 inch inlet and wanting it to be no longer than 9 inches anything Suggestions or help and be appreciative
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

just do the dynomax muffler delete and problem solved

Sponsored

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
yes but its not LOUD. it sounds like what the jeep should sound like from the factory.
Gotcha... I was just worried it would be super loud and draw the ire of our friendly local law enforcement. What about dash codes? If the exhaust system doesn’t have all of its components, won’t that cause the system to throw a code?

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
You can unbolt and remove the muffler for no cost and drive it around to see roughly what it will sound like with the muffler delete. The exhaust will exit under the vehicle and it will be a small bit louder than with the delete. Thats what I did. Ultimately I decided to keep the stock muffler on. My wife liked it better without it though. No codes thrown.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha... I was just worried it would be super loud and draw the ire of our friendly local law enforcement. What about dash codes? If the exhaust system doesn’t have all of its components, won’t that cause the system to throw a code?
Nope not super loud, but more importantly, there's no drone. If you don't know what drone is, it's basically a very annoying resonance which gets inside your brain and drives you absolutely crazy!

As far as codes, no it doesn't affect the emission system. The muffler is not part of the emission system. Basically the only parts of the exhaust which are emissions related are the catalytic converters and O2 sensors. A muffler (or lack thereof) won't reduce or increase any exhaust particulates, it does what is says: muffles the sound exiting the engine.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

nope. Not at all for either one.

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Nope not super loud, but more importantly, there's no drone. If you don't know what drone is, it's basically a very annoying resonance which gets inside your brain and drives you absolutely crazy!

As far as codes, no it doesn't affect the emission system. The muffler is not part of the emission system. Basically the only parts of the exhaust which are emissions related are the catalytic converters and O2 sensors. A muffler (or lack thereof) won't reduce or increase any exhaust particulates, it does what is says: muffles the sound exiting the engine.
nope. Not at all for either one.
Awesome, thank you for the info!
Sponsored