USMC-OFP

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Greetings,

I am currently planning for my trip to Black Bear. I have taken trips from the Dallas area to Ozark National Forrest, K-Trail (Oklahoma), and random trips to surrounding areas in Texas. I drive a 2018 JLU Manual soft Top w/ 33's and a 1.5-inch lift. Furthermore, I am hoping to connect to other Jeep enthusiasts in hopes of making some future trips together. My plan is to make this trip happen in early August anyone from around the United States is welcome to pick dates that work for them. I do know this is 14 months but I would rather get to know people on here beforehand and perhaps build some long-term friendships.
PS just let me know if anyone is interested and we can start planning ahead in the upcoming months.

Dennis
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Hey Dennis, welcome! It sounds like you're in Texas, If you look in the staging area (link below) there are a couple of different folks planning to meet up at Hidden falls in the near future. I'm having a hard time getting weekends off right now but short term planning I want to do Bridgeport and Hot Springs ORV for some new scenery and to get the BoH badges.

We were in Colorado about a year ago but I wussed out on BBP. We still had paper plates and I didn't have the confidence to attempt it. I feel like I'm ready now so would like to go back and do it but have a hard time planning a month out so Aug of 2022 would be a real challenge!

Texas | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, Unlimited - JLwranglerforums.com

OP
OP

USMC-OFP

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Hey Dennis, welcome! It sounds like you're in Texas, If you look in the staging area (link below) there are a couple of different folks planning to meet up at Hidden falls in the near future. I'm having a hard time getting weekends off right now but short term planning I want to do Bridgeport and Hot Springs ORV for some new scenery and to get the BoH badges.

We were in Colorado about a year ago but I wussed out on BBP. We still had paper plates and I didn't have the confidence to attempt it. I feel like I'm ready now so would like to go back and do it but have a hard time planning a month out so Aug of 2022 would be a real challenge!

Texas | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, Unlimited - JLwranglerforums.com
I work weekends as well so I do in fact feel your pain lol.
But yes I am located in the Dallas as well...
But thanks for the heads up oddly enough I want to Bridgeport this past weekend.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
How did you like it?
If you want to try a Thursday run down to hidden falls the one I was planning for last week fell through.
Are you a recruiter?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Greetings,

I am currently planning for my trip to Black Bear. I have taken trips from the Dallas area to Ozark National Forrest, K-Trail (Oklahoma), and random trips to surrounding areas in Texas. I drive a 2018 JLU Manual soft Top w/ 33's and a 1.5-inch lift. Furthermore, I am hoping to connect to other Jeep enthusiasts in hopes of making some future trips together. My plan is to make this trip happen in early August anyone from around the United States is welcome to pick dates that work for them. I do know this is 14 months but I would rather get to know people on here beforehand and perhaps build some long-term friendships.
PS just let me know if anyone is interested and we can start planning ahead in the upcoming months.

Dennis
Hi Dennis, are you speaking of the Black Bear Pass in the San Juan mountains near Telluride? If so, here's a facebook group you should consider joining.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SanJuanMountainTrailGroup
It has over 16, 000 members with a large number being from Texas. When we were in the San Juans last fall it seemed like 9 out of 10 vehicles had Texas plates. ;)

Sponsored

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Iā€™ll be down if I even get my ā€˜22 by then. Everyoneā€™s talking about extending the Rona days holiday so who knows, probably shut everything down in celebration so it might never get built. If I have it though, I will most definitely be down to go up! Iā€™m in northern CO.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Iā€™ll be down if I even get my ā€˜22 by then. Everyoneā€™s talking about extending the Rona days holiday so who knows, probably shut everything down in celebration so it might never get built. If I have it though, I will most definitely be down to go up! Iā€™m in northern CO.
Hopefully you'll get your Jeep as planned, good luck with that Mike.
We will be going back up the first week in September, ran all the Badge trails except Black Bear this past September and that week we went was perfect! We arrived on Labor day so all the crowds were leaving from that holiday weekend and started our trail runs on Tues. The trail traffic was almost nothing and the weather was beautiful, and by then the mountain runoff is almost nothing.

When the time gets near and if you want to join up just shoot a PM, I'll probably have a thread on it too as there's a few others that want to meet up.

SGTZn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 F250 Platinum
Hi Dennis, was also hoping to plan a trip to do Black Bear Pass next year. Was looking to do it last week of July, but being so far out itā€™s hard to lock down a date. Was hoping to do it with my son before he returns to college.
Heā€™s a freshman at TCU, So itā€™s a very good possibility Iā€™ll in Fort Worth before the summer. Maybe we could get together for a beer and talk Jeepā€™s.

Scott

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I've Already made my reservations for Sept 2022 and plan to be in Ouray for 4 nights beginning on the 6th. We are gonna try to get 5 of the BOH trails in Colorado, then on to Moab.

Sponsored

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
Hello fellow Jeepers,

My family and I moved out to Colorado a few months ago and we are planning a father's day trip 2022 to the Ouray/Silverton/Telluride area. I just noticed the cabin we rented is just a couple miles from the Black Bear Pass trailhead. Question for all experienced off-roaders: Is it possible to drive the majority of Black Bear pass trail, and turn around at the steps? I would love to take my family on the trail, but am in no way prepared to tackle that last section. Ideally, I would love to drive all of the way up to the steps, park out of the way, and watch others driving down the steps before turning around and driving back on the trail the way I came.

Thanks in advance to any advice you can share!

Happy trails! Kevin

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
Hello fellow Jeepers,

My family and I moved out to Colorado a few months ago and we are planning a father's day trip 2022 to the Ouray/Silverton/Telluride area. I just noticed the cabin we rented is just a couple miles from the Black Bear Pass trailhead. Question for all experienced off-roaders: Is it possible to drive the majority of Black Bear pass trail, and turn around at the steps? I would love to take my family on the trail, but am in no way prepared to tackle that last section. Ideally, I would love to drive all of the way up to the steps, park out of the way, and watch others driving down the steps before turning around and driving back on the trail the way I came.

Happy trails! Kevin
You can't go all the way to the steps. It becomes one-way further east.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hello fellow Jeepers,

Happy trails! Kevin
You can park at the summit, just don't go past the sign that says basically "no turning back" :)

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Hello fellow Jeepers,

Happy trails! Kevin
[/QUOTE
Hello fellow Jeepers,

Happy trails! Kevin
Awesome Question, hoping you get an answer as after watching some heavily modded units tumbling away I doubt our new postal pink rhd Jeep will ever make it. It looks like a simple drive in the park and then.........ouch!
Sponsored