Sponsored

Bittersweet Day: Traded in my JLU for a Ford..

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I can't blame anyone for wanting a Cayman over a JLU for a weekend car. Now Cayman vs 2 door JL, well, still can't blame them, depends on what you want, or budget.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JeepfromBMW

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S Billet Silver

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Wow, the dealer where I traded in has it re-listed for $6,500 over what they paid me and over the sticker price. What a crazy market!! Is a lightly used JLU Sport S (non-Sahara or Rubi) really worth $48K??

https://www.ricartford.com/VehicleD...ngler-Unlimited_Sport-Groveport-OH/5236251470
Bought a used 2014 Sahara with 31k miles on Dec 31st of 2017 for 27k. Sold it to dealer in March of this year with 60k miles for 29k. Dealer turned around and listed it for 36k and sold it within a week.

Best believe if they are buying it from you at what seems like an inflated price that they plan to flip it at an insane inflated price.

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Michael, I went from a 2 Door Wrangler to a Ford Explorer back in 2015 when I moved from Arizona to Ohio. The explorer is great with the way the seats all fold down. You will have tons of storage. I had zero issues with mine during my 6.5 year ownership period. Also, you can't take it off-road like the jeep but I work in construction and it will do just fine on fire roads and small ruts. Anything more than that though and you will be in for a real treat. Recently turned it in for a Ford Bronco Badlands. Company is all Ford so my options were limited but so far so good.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Wow, the dealer where I traded in has it re-listed for $6,500 over what they paid me and over the sticker price. What a crazy market!! Is a lightly used JLU Sport S (non-Sahara or Rubi) really worth $48K??

https://www.ricartford.com/VehicleD...ngler-Unlimited_Sport-Groveport-OH/5236251470
It's unfortunate that #1Ricart couldn't be bothered to wash the Jeep before the listing went live. Maybe that's how the $2,027.00 savings was calculated. 😄

I don't see a $48K Jeep in that ad, but someone will and from the dealer's point of view, that's all that matters.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The older I get, the less I like Fords.

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
It's unfortunate that #1Ricart couldn't be bothered to wash the Jeep before the listing went live.
The day I traded in my ‘21 Blazer my wife and we’re driving around doing errands before and had 2 empty soda cans in the cup holders, some misc napkins and used Kleenex in the drivers door pocket, and were listening to Hair Nation on Sirius when we pulled in. Guess what was in all the pictures of it when it was posted online? Crazy thing is we went back to get our personal stuff from it one last time and I cleaned all of that out, in other words they took the pictures before the deal was even done.

OP
OP

JeepfromBMW

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S Billet Silver
The day I traded in my ‘21 Blazer my wife and we’re driving around doing errands before and had 2 empty soda cans in the cup holders, some misc napkins and used Kleenex in the drivers door pocket, and were listening to Hair Nation on Sirius when we pulled in. Guess what was in all the pictures of it when it was posted online? Crazy thing is we went back to get our personal stuff from it one last time and I cleaned all of that out, in other words they took the pictures before the deal was even done.
Yup, that’s what they did too. Photos were from when they did the trade in appraisal.

Sponsored

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase

Vito92

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL 2Door Willys
I just traded in a 2013 VW Tiguan for my Sport... it's a lot smaller than the Atlas, but I'm going to miss that thing. With a stage 1 tune and some Michelin Pilot Sports, it was really fun to drive, and it had the panoramic sunroof. It also had more options than my new Wrangler. The interior held up very well... 162K miles and no check engine lights. I already miss the thud when you close the door going from a German vehicle to an American brand... but you are getting the Porsche... nicely done!
I'll be getting out of my 17 Tiguan Sport when my Willys 2 door arrives. its my 3rd VW. YOur Tiguan sounds sweet.

1BadManVan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara/2018 Durango R/T
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
We have a 3 row Durango for the kids on longer trips and the Wrangler for my wife, her dream vehicle. Kids can suck it up on the shorter drives lol

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Good luck with the new Ford Explorers. I've driven one for work, for the past 8 or so years. This year model, 2021, has been plagued with issues that could make our Wranglers look like they are issue free. A Toyota Highlander is more reliable, more comfortable, and roomier than the Explorer.
I helped my dad find and buy a new Explorer in 1991. His had a manual transmission, which he considered essential in a four-wheel drive, and it proved to be a great vehicle for him. We also ran Explorers and Crown Vics for many years at work. I liked the space, headroom, and ease of getting in and out, but they were gutless and fleet maintenance guys called them “exploders”, because so many of them blew transmissions before 80,000 miles. When the Chargers and Ram trucks replaced all the Fords starting about fifteen years ago we were able to extend the presumptive turn-in mileage by 20,000 miles To 140,000 miles. The Hemi-powered AWD chargers have been fantastic, but Dodge discontinued them last year, so we had to choose between a six cylinder AWD, or a Hemi-powered 2WD… The new 400 HP explorers are super fast and they handle great. If they were reliable, durable, and had another 15 gallons of fuel capacity I’d want one, but the small fuel capacity alone is a deal-breaker given the distances we have to travel.
Sponsored

Last edited: