Sponsored

Bittersweet Day: Traded in my JLU for a Ford..

superdude

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport
Notwithstanding the miracle of life, a true wildcard for "sweet".

Unless you conceived and birthed the child on the same day you purchased the car, seems like a net negative. But hey, I'm an asshole.
Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Be sure to take the roof rails off your Explorer. That way those in the know will hestitate to speed or pass you. I'd throw a bull bar on the front too, that way people will get out of your way when they see you coming. Both power moves. ;)
They will all slow down before they get out of the way. Aside from being a Ford, being mistaken for a cop is the number one reason I'd never buy an explorer. I almost spit out my coffee laughing when the OP described the explorer as having "aggressive ruggedness". These threads are always good for a laugh.

Deleted member 59498

The neighbor didn't sell his Jeep :)

Looks like they have a Snazzle.

reallynervous

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392XR, 2015 GC Summit
It will start with:
"Honey I am going to take your jeep you are parked behind me!"
and
"Honey, I want to take your jeep and stop off by so-and-so to show it to her"

Then before you know it you are no longer driving the 392 :LOL:
It's already started and we haven't even picked it up yet. She's already said "Honey I work a mile and half away from home and you work 30. It would save on mileage and gas if I drive it to work". And she wants to show her co-works, one who has a 5.7L Charger and another who drives a WRX STi and are always talking about how fast and loud their cars are. I also already have LoD Destroyer rock sliders being delivered so she can even get into the thing. She is only 5 foot tall on a good day and demanded I order them so I can install them the day we get the 392. But listen, her wish IS my command. She wants parts, parts I will...I mean she will get...I mean the 392 will get. :CWL:

OP
OP

JeepfromBMW

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S Billet Silver
They will all slow down before they get out of the way. Aside from being a Ford, being mistaken for a cop is the number one reason I'd never buy an explorer. I almost spit out my coffee laughing when the OP described the explorer as having "aggressive ruggedness". These threads are always good for a laugh.
More aggressive and rugged than a Kia Telluride or Hyundai Pallisade or VW Atlas .. right? That’s what I was comparing it to.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JeepfromBMW

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The neighbor didn't sell his Jeep :)

Looks like they have a Snazzle.
Nice catch… yea he has a 10yr+ old Jeep. He loves that thing! Retired military with adult children. Super cool guy. I might still do the Jeep wave with him.

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I did catch that and got a good laugh. To each his own but for me the Explorer is the Ford Taurus SUV. Back in the stone age I worked in fleet leasing, I refuse to purchase a fleet type vehicle. Quietly I bicker to myself every time I encounter a privatly owned Explorer. "Why? Why must you mess with me? Why did you buy white or blue? Cruel cruel person." :CWL:

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
More aggressive and rugged than a Kia Telluride or Hyundai Pallisade or VW Atlas .. right? That’s what I was comparing it to.
The Atlas would have kept it real in the skreets. Jk but it does have decent 3rd row seating.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
GTS is almost $100K or more! Cayman is $65K or so… and will give me enough of a thrill. Sport exhaust now comes standard so that should help with the 4-banger sound.
Not trying to bag on the base. It will be a blast. My thinking is go with the GTS , more fun plus less depreciation.

OP
OP

JeepfromBMW

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Atlas would have kept it real in the skreets. Jk but it does have decent 3rd row seating.
Yea the Atlas is really really good value for what the size and options in that SE Tech trim level.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JeepfromBMW

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not trying to bag on the base. It will be a blast. My thinking is go with the GTS , more fun plus less depreciation.
If I was going to do track days and had an income of about $50K more a year I would probably go for the GTS, ha.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
Yea the Atlas is really really good value for what the size and options in that SE Tech trim level.
I just traded in a 2013 VW Tiguan for my Sport... it's a lot smaller than the Atlas, but I'm going to miss that thing. With a stage 1 tune and some Michelin Pilot Sports, it was really fun to drive, and it had the panoramic sunroof. It also had more options than my new Wrangler. The interior held up very well... 162K miles and no check engine lights. I already miss the thud when you close the door going from a German vehicle to an American brand... but you are getting the Porsche... nicely done!

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
Notwithstanding the miracle of life, a true wildcard for "sweet".

Unless you conceived and birthed the child on the same day you purchased the car, seems like a net negative. But hey, I'm an asshole.
Some guys run their house, others run around it.

I guess I’m an asshole too.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Haha. Congrats on the Cayman. It's the other car I was thinking about buying before I traded my JK Wrangler in for a JL. Cost about the same too >>

as much as I like them, I wouldn't sell my jeep to have one... so yeah.. but enjoy your new cars! :)

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Bought a 2021 JLU 6months ago for sticker price $41,985. I put 3K miles on it since and enjoyed every one of them.

My wife wasn’t a fan though. Said it felt “bumpy” and was concerned about lack of safety features. We are also both tall and could only fit our baby car seat in the middle. We now have another baby on the way and my wife doesn’t want to put the car seats on the sides because our seats will be pushed up and there are no side air bags in rear.

Anyways, I started looking for a 3 row SUV and shopped the Wrangler around for trade in offers. Offers ranged from $36k-42K.

I ended up trading it in for a great discount and 0%/60mo financing on a new 2021 Explorer and accepted $41,700 trade in value.

Ill really really miss the Jeep but the Explorer fits our family needs better. And at least I got to enjoy it practically for free!

And if anyone needs a mint condition Bestop Sunrider, head over to the marketplace as I have mine for sale.

Thanks all for the education and camaraderie!

DD185CB2-F866-4A91-85EC-EA2F48D77C49.jpeg

606CFE75-963E-4E4A-86CB-299FC8B1D87E.jpeg
Yuck
Sponsored