Sponsored

Bittersweet Day: Traded in my JLU for a Ford..

OP
OP

JeepfromBMW

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S Billet Silver
haha
Sponsored

Last edited:

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I forgot to mention… I do have a Porsche Cayman on order… which will become my weekend fun car, just for me! 6spd and all. The JLU was an auto which was my initial compromise with my wife in getting it.
If you have money for 2 vehicles, why didn't you just keep the Jeep & go buy the Ford? Sounds like it wasn't so much about the Jeep as much as you want a Porsche.

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
Enjoy the explorer. I've had 5 of them. Roomy for 4 and you can haul a bunch of kid junk in the back. 3rd row is perfect for extra kids.

kiddy2fan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer, 2011 Honda Civic
Nothing wrong with a Ford Explorer we have 2017 that we use for long trips or when we have extra folks with us.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Poor wife, ha ha, driving around in a bland mom wagon while you get a sporty Porsche and she can’t drive stick? That said, from my experience, three row SUV’s are a must for a young family. You’ll be driving kids to extracurricular activities, they’ll want you to drive them places with friends as they get older, etc… Our three row Honda Pilot got a lot of use over the past several years. Now we’re almost empty nesters, last one going off to college soon, and we don’t need all those rows anymore. It’s sad in a way….this page in life is turning… but…..I’m trading in the old trusty Pilot for a 392 Wrangler!! White 392 XR, one of only about 136 built. And it should be arriving soon! I’ll race ya!! :jk: ⚡⚡⚡⚡

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I debated that, but I would like a manual transmission if just a weekend fun car for me to take out when I want to clear my head. The Jeep was an auto (so my wife could drive it as well). I can definitely see myself picking up another at some point just before a Jeep in 6spd goes extinct!
Now you have redeemed yourself! Porsche away for now... looking forward to bringing you back home to jeep land!

OP
OP

JeepfromBMW

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S Billet Silver
Poor wife, ha ha, driving around in a bland mom wagon while you get a sporty Porsche and she can’t drive stick? That said, from my experience, three row SUV’s are a must for a young family. You’ll be driving kids to extracurricular activities, they’ll want you to drive them places with friends as they get older, etc… Our three row Honda Pilot got a lot of use over the past several years. Now we’re almost empty nesters, last one going off to college soon, and we don’t need all those rows anymore. It’s sad in a way….this page in life is turning… but…..I’m trading in the old trusty Pilot for a 392 Wrangler!! White 392 XR, one of only about 136 built. And it should be arriving soon! I’ll race ya!! :jk: ⚡⚡⚡⚡
Awesome! Congrats!

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Thanks! Lots of flat pavement here in Ohio. The Timberline edition Explorer does look pretty decent for off-roading.
My nephew's Explorer is kinda fancy, but it's not a Timberline edition. He's owned Jeeps and a Nissan Pathfinder and says the Explorer is a soft roader more than an off roader. To me it looks like it has very limited ground clearance.

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
I've been a Ford devotee for the last 40 years. The JL is my first non Ford and I really like it. But I will also say you made a wise move.

reallynervous

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392XR, 2015 GC Summit
Ha if I tried to sell my wife's Jeep or even tried to cancel the order for my incoming 392 she'd play this song right before sending to me straight to HELL...She's more excited for the Wrangler than I am and I'm barely controllable.

Seriously, congrats on all the new and wonderful changes in your life right now. I had to give up Jeep for bit when we had young ones and responsibilities to answer for. Now I'm retired from the military, my kids are adults, and my wife and I can act as stupid as we want to. Come join us again when the time is right...

Sponsored

superdude

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport
Where did the "sweet" part of bittersweet come in to play here?

Deleted member 59498

Ha if I tried to sell my wife's Jeep or even tried to cancel the order for my incoming 392 she'd play this song right before sending to me straight to HELL...She's more excited for the Wrangler than I am and I'm barely controllable.

Seriously, congrats on all the new and wonderful changes in your life right now. I had to give up Jeep for bit when we had young ones and responsibilities to answer for. Now I'm retired from the military, my kids are adults, and my wife and I can act as stupid as we want to. Come join us again when the time is right...

It will start with:
"Honey I am going to take your jeep you are parked behind me!"
and
"Honey, I want to take your jeep and stop off by so-and-so to show it to her"

Then before you know it you are no longer driving the 392 :LOL: