Sponsored

Bittersweet Day: Traded in my JLU for a Ford..

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The new 400 HP explorers are super fast and they handle great.

If they were reliable, durable, and had another 15 gallons of fuel capacity I’d want one, but the small fuel capacity alone is a deal-breaker given the distances we have to travel.
Is that what's under the hood of the LE models? Impressive. The stance, ride height and tire specification does suggest those Fords can get out of their own way.

...well, at least until something grenades, as your post content suggests they eventually will. ;)
Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Is that what's under the hood of the LE models? Impressive. The stance, ride height and tire specification does suggest those Fords can get out of their own way.

...well, at least until something grenades, as your post content suggests they eventually will. ;)
Michigan State Police does comprehensive vehicle testing every year -- acceleration, braking, track times, etc. They have it down to a science, and their EVOC guys who do the testing are some of the best. The last time I looked, about two years ago, the 400 hp LE Explorer was faster than the AWD Hemi-powered Charger -- even through the twisties on the track!

Dbasiliere

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4Xe
Thanks! Lots of flat pavement here in Ohio. The Timberline edition Explorer does look pretty decent for off-roading.
Good choice for the family. Hey, it's a nice looking venture too.
Sponsored