Sponsored

Birds destroying my jeep

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Idk what the hell is going but these birds are like on my jeep poking beeks all into my paint scratching up my entire jeep and crapping all over it. Has anyone ever seen this in a lifetime? I can't figure it out for the life of me ... I have brillow pad swirls and scrapes all over my hood ...as I type this a bird is literally jabbing it's beek right into my door panel over and over like it's on bath salts.
Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Perhaps, an owl statue may scare away the birds. What type of birds are they?

Good luck to you in resolving this.

lordcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
The bird is probably seeing its reflection in the glass and freaking out thinking its another bird on its turf and trying to attack it. You must be parking near its nest. I had this happen a couple times when I used to street park near a tree.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Idk what the hell is going but these birds are like on my jeep poking beeks all into my paint scratching up my entire jeep and crapping all over it. Has anyone ever seen this in a lifetime? I can't figure it out for the life of me ... I have brillow pad swirls and scrapes all over my hood ...as I type this a bird is literally jabbing it's beek right into my door panel over and over like it's on bath salts.
Put one of these on your roof, when your not using the jeep. They keep birds off of boats and work great !

bird.png

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Do you have Ocean Blue by any chance? I don't know how true it is but I've heard Blue vehicles get crapped on more because they think it's water.

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
Cracked corn soaked in green anti-freeze. Works for mice, rats, and birds. It is the indiscriminate killer.

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
You have a co-worker who you are having a problem with? We had one real jerk at work who went out of their way to try and cause trouble for everyone. Problem was solved by getting cafeteria to save us their old bread which was liberally deposited around their car in the parking lot every morning. It helped that this person would always park across two spots so fallout to others was limited. Seagulls love bread.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The bird is probably seeing its reflection in the glass and freaking out thinking its another bird on its turf and trying to attack it. You must be parking near its nest. I had this happen a couple times when I used to street park near a tree.
You are probably on to something. OP states the birds are pecking his door panels also. Must be the reflection off the door panel. Must be some great wax! lol.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What kind of wax are you using? I had some wax before that smelled like bananas. Maybe birds are attracted to it? Or you put a hell of a shine on your rig and the birds are scared of their own reflection and being territorial. Again that's some impressive wax!

Might be time to add a few stickers on to your JL. They have stickers or tape with reflective prism patterns like on fishing lures to deter birds.

Or maybe some of those pinwheels that spin in the wind? Maybe suction cup some of those pinwheels on the Jeep.

Moving and parking somewhere else is probably the easiest solution. That or maybe a Red Ryder BB gun! lol.

Also…take a video of the birds damaging your Wrangler. You might need proof for the insurance company if the damage requires a claim. Or maybe Farmers Insurance needs more material for it's commercials! lol.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cracked corn soaked in green anti-freeze. Works for mice, rats, and birds. It is the indiscriminate killer.
I read antifreeze supposedly had a sweet smell or taste so animals like to lick or eat it. Supposedly damages kidneys or something? Probably a bad idea. Unfortunately it probably works on cats and dogs too.

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I think you guys are right with the reflection. I forgot about the owl trick. I just put it outside again because my 2 year old fell in love with it and drags it around the house. I'm worried my paint is gonna be all messed up now from the pecking.

IMG_20200417_115320.jpg

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you guys are right with the reflection. I forgot about the owl trick. I just put it outside again because my 2 year old fell in love with it and drags it around the house. I'm worried my paint is gonna be all messed up now from the pecking.
Like I said...take a video of the birds damaging your Wrangler. You might need proof for the insurance company if the damage requires a claim. Or maybe Farmers Insurance needs more material for it's commercials! lol.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have Ocean Blue by any chance? I don't know how true it is but I've heard Blue vehicles get crapped on more because they think it's water.
I had a Toyota back in the 80's and a Ford in the late 90's that were similar to my Ocean Blue Wrangler. I can't say they were crapped on any more than every vehicle I've owned. Maybe birds just hate him.
Sponsored