Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I read antifreeze supposedly had a sweet smell or taste so animals like to lick or eat it. Supposedly damages kidneys or something? Probably a bad idea. Unfortunately it probably works on cats and dogs too.
Yes, Nick. Just to add some color commentary here, I've read about the importance of keeping dogs away from antifreeze (that's dropped to the ground) as the sweet taste is as attractive to the animal as certain as it is poisonous to them.
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Put one of these on your roof, when your not using the jeep. They keep birds off of boats and work great !

bird.png
@higbyz Hi. Could you source this for me....in other words perhaps provide an Amazon link or what not to an example of the product available for purpose or demonstration?

Thanks.

I have a roof rack. Birds love to sit on the pipe that comprises it and poop. It gets so bad around this time of year that I was thinking of wrapping the pipe in that pointy stuff that I see installed on elevated points on apartment buildings that makes the bird think twice about perching there.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
@higbyz Hi. Could you source this for me....in other words perhaps provide an Amazon link or what not to an example of the product available for purpose or demonstration?

Thanks.

I have a roof rack. Birds love to sit on the pipe that comprises it and poop. It gets so bad around this time of year that I was thinking of wrapping the pipe in that pointy stuff that I see installed on elevated points on apartment buildings that makes the bird think twice about perching there.
google... boat bird deterrent.....or check out West Marine

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
This is unbelievable. You can see where all paint is scraped

IMG_20200420_113244.jpg

IMG_20200420_113244~01.jpg

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

IMG_20200420_113244.jpg

Ouch! Black reflects well. I think the birds think their own reflection is another bird. Definitely try taking a video for insurance purposes. It's very possible the scratches might buff out with compound. Hopefully it does. If not a repaint might need to be done. Good news is it's solid black so matching should not be a problem. Good luck.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something else to look out for. Critters seem to like eating the plastic bumpers and plastic insulation for wiring also. It appears a lot of recycled plastics are soy based and animals are know to chew and eat the stuff. Someone on the forum had their plastic JL bumper eaten.

Unfortunately car companies are not being held responsible for using soy base plastics.

https://www.autonews.com/article/20...-of-suit-over-rodent-damaged-soy-based-wiring

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a21933466/does-your-car-have-wiring-that-rodents-think-is-tasty/

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/au...g-covers-irresistible-rodents-lawsuit-n504746

https://www.howtopreventratsfromeatingcarwires.com/2017/02/10/does-your-car-have-soy-based-wiring/

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
You might want to buy a car cover. Good luck, i would hate that happening to mine.

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
You might want to buy a car cover. Good luck, i would hate that happening to mine.
I'm so pissed I'm about to just end my lease early . Doesn't pay in my life to have anything nice.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm so pissed I'm about to just end my lease early . Doesn't pay in my life to have anything nice.
It's a lease? I would not spend any money if at all possible. Just buff it out and wax it to see how it looks. It should look good enough for the leasing company.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Could you buy a taser wand and lay it against your jeep when you park it..

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

have a big scary owl, or golden eagle, airbrushed onto the hood of your jeep.

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I had this exact thing at my old job.. There were 2 birds that would just attack every vehicle in the parking lot!! I was like a horror movie, damn things were possessed!! It did not matter what color or what kind of car, they just went ham on all of them. We all eventually started parking at the lot further down and walked lol

lordcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S

IMG_20200420_113244.jpg

The fact that they are perching on your mirror and shitting all over it confirms my theory. This is a sign that the bird is flipping out because it its seeing a reflection and reacting aggressively. I had this problem for years with an older car.
Sponsored