OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Did you think of just upgrading to the pro rock 44 and just having quick disconnects? The quick disconnects came with my metalcloak lift, but I’ve been curious with the axle swap if I ever get curious about upgrading to 37’s. Right now it’s going to be 35’s eventually, but I’m not rushing my build too quickly since there’s only one trail to off-road at legally over here in Oahu, Hi(peacock flats). Looking forward to coming back to the mainland.
I think you may be confused about quick disconnects...I didn't swap in the rubi automatic swaybar...that's not apart of the axles and I did add Rock Krawler adjustable quick disconnects. They work well and make it easy to disconnect.
1peelTZ.jpg
Sponsored

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I think you may be confused about quick disconnects...I didn't swap in the rubi automatic swaybar...that's not apart of the axles and I did add Rock Krawler adjustable quick disconnects. They work well and make it easy to disconnect.
1peelTZ.jpg
My true dual rate 2.5” lift came with disconnects, and need to try them out.
Are you thinking about a inner fender flare(metal)?

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I used shears to cut out the plastic portion around the back of the bumper. You could prob leave it open, but I didnt want mud/water hitting the fog light wiring and also didnt like the way it looked without a back. Here it is:
Pq9B2TX.jpg
When you do upgrade the bumpers to after market bumpers, what are you thinking about?

Last edited:

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Added a black spiderweb shade to help during the hot Tennessee summers. Removed the top and took the kids on an adventure...was an easy install taking about 20 minutes following a youtube video. I also didnt have to remove the windshield wipers and fully drop the windhshield. Going to try keeping it installed when the hardtop is on...may remove it in the winter so I can see the hothead liners. The shade is pretty transparent, but does reduce the airy feeling a bit when topless and makes the ceiling feel a little lower. Overall, I like it so far bc my kids' carseats weren't blazing hot after parking topless in the sun and it is nice staying out of the direct sunlight when driving.
supJueX.jpg
AfKggmy.jpg
j1SMbMB.jpg
I’m using the alienshade but have the two piece. I’ve been thinking about getting a one piece to replace it since there’s gaps and out here in Hawaii it’s nice to have the top off.
How much did it run you?

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I’m using the alienshade but have the two piece. I’ve been thinking about getting a one piece to replace it since there’s gaps and out here in Hawaii it’s nice to have the top off.
How much did it run you?
I traded some foglight LED's for it

Sponsored

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Occupation
IT Engineer
Billet Silver Sport S's unite. So far I have the Mopar 2.5" lift kit with Fox Shocks, DV8 stubby front bumper, DV8 rear bumper, DV8 sway bar skid, DV8 armor high clearance fenders, Sky Jacker quick disconnects, Fox steering stabilizer, 20" Fuel wheels with Mickey 35x12.5 Baja MTZ. Skull Krusher front inner fenders in the garage waiting to be put on.

I get a pretty good flex out of this setup so far. Looking to get the 20"s gone and put on my 17" Dirty Life Roadkill beadlocks.

Looking to go full Metal Cloak lift and 6 pack shocks next, as well as Metal cloak tie rod and track bar. I want to also upgrade to the Ultimate Dana 44 (even longer than the JL Rubi 44) with lockers and regear for 37s. Getting rid of the NFab steps for slider steps or boat side sliders.

0503A9A9-716B-400A-B067-04AEEC993078.JPG

IMG_2801.JPG

IMG_2778.JPG

IMG_2779.JPG

IMG_2780.JPG

IMG_2781.JPG

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Occupation
IT Engineer
Last night, I returned from a crazy long drive in the jeep(882 miles in 36 hrs) on a business trip from TN to North Carolina. I got to stop off at @Sting_NC_USA house in Charlotte and listen to his rubi's unbelievable sound system and he was kind to tune my system. His system sounds absurdly clean and powerful where you literally feel the music in your body on a whole new level. Not surprisingly, his awesome aftermarket amp tutorial was recently chosen to be featured on this forum's homepage linked here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/adding-aftermarket-amp-to-your-jeep-jl/

The drive duration was 18 hrs involving 90% hwy miles cruising at 75mph when possible going over several mountains and heavy traffic on 5 occasions due to wrecks/construction zones/rush hr traffic. Before the trip, I aired the 35" ko2's up to 32 psi cold to maximize gas mileage and they were at 36 psi after warming up. Averaging approx 19mpg isn't bad on a lifted 4 door on 35s! :dance::turkey: Next time, I'll try and also meet up with @chevymitchell to go wheelin at Uwharrie.
ViCLAB6.jpg
when you are ready to head to URE, hit me up. We can go and run the Sport S's together. I hit them at least 2-3 times a month.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Billet Silver Sport S's unite. So far I have the Mopar 2.5" lift kit with Fox Shocks, DV8 stubby front bumper, DV8 rear bumper, DV8 sway bar skid, DV8 armor high clearance fenders, Sky Jacker quick disconnects, Fox steering stabilizer, 20" Fuel wheels with Mickey 35x12.5 Baja MTZ. Skull Krusher front inner fenders in the garage waiting to be put on.

I get a pretty good flex out of this setup so far. Looking to get the 20"s gone and put on my 17" Dirty Life Roadkill beadlocks.

Looking to go full Metal Cloak lift and 6 pack shocks next, as well as Metal cloak tie rod and track bar. I want to also upgrade to the Ultimate Dana 44 (even longer than the JL Rubi 44) with lockers and regear for 37s. Getting rid of the NFab steps for slider steps or boat side sliders.

IMG_2801.JPG

IMG_2778.JPG

IMG_2779.JPG

IMG_2780.JPG

IMG_2781.JPG
Hey...You've definitely got a unique build going there. I'm confused...the ultimate d44 is available for the jl front axle. What do you mean by saying it's longer than the rubi d44 axle?(rubi axles are wider than sport/sahara rear d44) Are you planning to run a front axle that's wider than your rear axle?

Secondly, the upgrades you are referencing are very pricey($10k+) and will require additional upgrades that you didn't mention. Hope you have a big budget and will be keeping the jeep long term.

Last edited:

Sponsored

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_2801.JPG

IMG_2778.JPG

IMG_2779.JPG

IMG_2780.JPG

IMG_2781.JPG
Automatic or Manual Trans? Did you re-gear for the 35's or are you running stock 3.45's?

Nice Rig.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Automatic or Manual Trans? Did you re-gear for the 35's or are you running stock 3.45's?

Nice Rig.
Per this build thread, I've ran 31", 33" & 35" tires on 3.45 gears and 35s on 4.10's and can prob shed some light. What are you running and what's your question?

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Per this build thread, I've ran 31", 33" & 35" tires on 3.45 gears and 35s on 4.10's and can prob shed some light. What are you running and what's your question?
How bad would running 35’s be on the stock 3.45 auto? I really don’t want to regear and want to make sure it won’t be undriveable with 35’s. Actually with the BFG’s they are less than 35”. I noticed no difference from the stock 32’s to my 33’s.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
How bad would running 35’s be on the stock 3.45 auto? I really don’t want to regear and want to make sure it won’t be undriveable with 35’s. Actually with the BFG’s they are less than 35”. I noticed no difference from the stock 32’s to my 33’s.
Are you talking on road or offroad? If offroad, what type of terrain?

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you talking on road or offroad? If offroad, what type of terrain?
I am on road mostly. No hilly terrain or rock crawling. It’s my DD. Light off roaming on rough/ dirt roads. Really need ground clearance.

Thanks!
Sponsored