OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I have the 285/70/17 KO2's and I didn't have any problems. Aired down to 20psi and I was good to go for the trails we did. With those tires and stock rubicon suspension I probably scraped about 35 times but that's what the skids are for. Funny thing most of the scraping was done on these little mounds of dirt that you go up and immediately go down the other side. On the rocks I was scraping but nothing bad at all. Still makes me want a lift and bigger tires though :like:
You'll be there soon enough with the lift/tires..
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I'm saving up for a steel stubby bumper and winch and found a killer deal 2 hrs away on a takeoff rubi plastic front & rear bumper with led fog lights and red tow hooks. The rear sport bumper doesn't allign well with the rubi wider/taller fenders and I mainly bought this for the rear bumper allignment and will probably sell the front bumper and LED fog lights and put the proceeds towards steel bumper/winch. Here's the sport rear bumper that sticks out about 2" past the rubi fender reducing tire clearance.
ORcQ6pc.jpg

Here's the takeoff rubi bumpers:
0wkaVJD.jpg

PMadFcq.jpg

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Added the takeoff rear rubi plastic bumper to allign with the wider fenders. Bumper was free...going to put caps in the sensor holes.
NWZROgg.jpg

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Had the steps/sliders sandblasted and powdercoated and added some red accents with new trail rated badge and the willys silhouette red decals on the wheels. I'm eventually going to replace the black jeep letters with the rubicon black/red outlined letters...it's about $70 and I feel that's a bit high for a few sticker letters.
WCKQyiX.jpg

View attachment 176841

9Ljg6zX.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Added a black spiderweb shade to help during the hot Tennessee summers. Removed the top and took the kids on an adventure...was an easy install taking about 20 minutes following a youtube video. I also didnt have to remove the windshield wipers and fully drop the windhshield. Going to try keeping it installed when the hardtop is on...may remove it in the winter so I can see the hothead liners. The shade is pretty transparent, but does reduce the airy feeling a bit when topless and makes the ceiling feel a little lower. Overall, I like it so far bc my kids' carseats weren't blazing hot after parking topless in the sun and it is nice staying out of the direct sunlight when driving.
supJueX.jpg
AfKggmy.jpg
j1SMbMB.jpg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Added a black spiderweb shade, went topless and took the kids on an adventure...was a easy install taking about 20 minutes following a youtube install video. I also didnt have to remove the windshield wipers and fully drop the windhshield.
supJueX.jpg
AfKggmy.jpg
j1SMbMB.jpg
Cuteness overload!

The Jeep is looking bad ass man. Hope it's every bit as enjoyable as it looks for you and the family. :rock::beer:

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Thanks @Krondor
Also, exciting bumper/winch mod coming soon. I received the Quadratec Stealth 10k synthetic winch and a front steel bumper/skid/bull bar is being made next week by a local company called Cavfab. It's pretty low profile and allows the winch to recess into the bumper like this:
6L5Tztw.jpg
9OZxI7d.jpg

And they're welding on a bull bar with gussets like this Motobilt bull bar:
bi1kGD1.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Cavfab steel bumper/skid/Quadratec Stealth 10k synthetic winch added! Had the bumper sandblasted, primed and 2 coats of powdercoat applied. The finish looks consistent...should hold up for a long time. The bull bar didnt turn out looking quite like the Motobilt bull bar pic I asked them to replicate...it's a little wider and doesn't have the same angles, but it'll work. This was probably the biggest & heaviest mod that I've taken on by myself...took about 5 hours bc I didn't have directions for the new bumper and this was my first time doing anything with a front bumper/winch. I followed @TTEChris helpful tutorial to remove the stock bumper and text with Cavfab's owner to mount the new bumper. Here's the tutorial if you're interested:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/roam-front-bumper-install.16011/

To clean up the look, I ordered a red Factor 55 flatlink, 2 silver shackles, tow strap and tree saver. The bumper weighs 61lbs, skid 30lbs and winch plate 9lbs = 100lbs total. Winch was 61lbs. Total weight of bumper/skid/winch = 161 lbs. It looks like the extra weight may have compressed the front coils a 1/2" or so...had alot of fender clearance before adding the bumper/winch, so the minimal height reduction is fine.

Removed front plastic bumper that weighed about 30lbs
dM81qMX.jpg

Tiny gap between grill and winch
lNhK5AD.jpg

There was a good bit of extra slack with the winch electrical lines...cable tied the lines to the frame and then wrapped the slack in the battery box.
QtWkHho.jpg

uVdOwXk.jpg
OKo8NlD.jpg
eRS6K3O.jpg

h8xwfMy.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Added a flatlink and d rings. Removed the black plastidip on the grill and added black grill trim
TT8cIpY.jpg

Built a angled sealed box out of 3/4" birch plywood for a 12" sub...going to cover it with black carpet so it blends in with stock trim.
n6s8lCr.jpg

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I wasn't crazy about the red d rings bc they looked a little pink and the color clashed with the flatlink's red. Returned them and picked up some 3/4" silver ones at Home Depot for $7/ea and ordered some black isolators coming today. They're rated at 57,000 lbs breaking strength...stronger than I'll ever need.
TYOkjSn.jpg

Carpeted, wired and mounted the subwoofer and grill to the box and positioned it rear facing in the corner up against the backseat and wheel well. The box weighs about 40lbs and the angled back and depth fit well while still allowing access to the floor compartment and allowing a good bit of open trunk space. Anchored it with industrial velcro on the bottom and sides as well as a 750lb steel cable and eye bolts connected to the bench seat mount...will definitely stay in place offroad and should keep it from moving in a minor/moderate accident. @Sting_NC_USA was awesome to help me run 4AWG wire from the battery to a new distribution block, new remote wire and mount the sub amp under the rear seat. The 12" sub sounds alot cleaner than the 8" and fills the space very well.
gbkzGao.jpg
SgASEQU.jpg
Sponsored