OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Sold the kmc beadlocks for a good bit more than I paid:party:...Gonna put those proceeds towards a steel rear bumper. Looking at Cavfab to match front bumper or Motobilt.

Here's some better pics with the Methods today. I prefer the proportions with 37s on 17x8.5 wheels and 4.6 backspacing putting tires 2-3" outside the fenders. I never liked the look of 37s on KMC Machete's with 3.5 backspacing...looked super wide with these 68" rubi axles and had the roller skate look. IMHO, 3.5 backspacing would look better with 38s or 40s and more lift on the JL.
bFAdbnI.jpg

srT8IAS.jpg
9VdKfDP.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Added some mods and did some great wheelin on Saturday with a gladiator on 37s and jlu on 38s. Installed LED beamtech headlight bulbs to match LED foglights. They're brighter than the Sylvania ultra halogen bulbs I took out.
RTzKQs6.jpg

Added JL Euro style LED tail lights(Mopar knockoffs)...going to add some vinyl tint to the middle of the lights.
xDt63iY.jpg

Was invited by a nice member to ride Mt Aetna in Chattanooga...awesome terrain and views!
X5G3Pyb.jpg

KhbnuiV.jpg

6XkGCGT.jpg

FmGPW0P.jpg

rocDX7D.jpg
HobS8q8.jpg
2s0iemi.jpg
mtw3ldb.jpg
VzZvkeR.jpg

m8q3eGp.jpg
rV7yfBl.jpg

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I'm a big fan of 37s wheelin...milestar's run closer to a full 37" and added about 2" of clearance everywhere compared to previous 315/70/17 ko2's that run small. I rubbed the belly, diffs and bumpers noticeably less.

After 15 or so wheelin trips with RK TT front shocks that extend to 28.75", I have been keeping an eye on the stock front driveshaft boot...it's been bending the flange at transfer case when drooping the front. Boot is starting to tear a bit with a little grease coming out. Looking at Adams or Dana Spicer 1310 front driveshaft...stinks bc they're pricey.
EYT0FtM.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Swapped in Beamtech LED 8k headlight bulbs to replace 1.5 yr old Sylvania Ultra halogen bulbs that were brighter than stock, but were yellowish and didn't look good with LED foglights. I previously tried and returned Beamtech LED 10k bulbs with the cooling fans bc the cooling fan buzzing bugged me. The 8k LED's were only $40 and are still noticeably brighter than the Sylvania ultra's. Bulb swap took 30 minutes and was easy to do without removing the grill(winch is in the way). On passenger side, simply remove the air dam to access the back of headlight. On driver side, you can reach it with your hands without moving anything. Bought a used Quake LED front fender chop kit to add uptravel and so fender lights will match headlights...should have it by the end of the month.
RTzKQs6.jpg
s5NYO8C.jpg

Ordered @CavFab_mfg new ultra clearance rear steel bumper to replace cracked plastic bumper. Really like the low profile look of it...going to powdercoat it black.:involve: It's prob going to expose the big stock muffler in the back...so may look at dynomax muffler delete, but don't like a loud exhaust or droning.:lipssealed:
kNJ1Ld5.jpg

Added Euro style LED taillights with a resister...work well, but am not crazy about the larger white middle part. Tried to cut out red tailgate vinyl with an exacto knife to fill in more red. Was next to impossible to precisely cut round edges on outside and around the reverse light...there are no grooves to follow as a template. Pulled off the vinyl...may swap back to stock halogen taillights and sell them. :flag:
38JTBW0.jpg

AjwCRyS.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Been out of work for a week due to the virus....might as well do some social distancing on the trail in the rain. Went on a slick ride at Prentice Cooper State Forest in Chattanooga with a friend in a classic 84' GMC K10 square body on 33s with 3" lift and lockers. It was peaceful seeing all the flowing streams. The milestar's actually surprised me and did pretty good in the mud.
ohhgSVT.jpg

5BtuItM.jpg
lksdgfk.jpg
CJ2G363.jpg
bwbNVEP.jpg

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Removed the Euro LED tailights and swapped back to the sport tailights. The LED's worked well...but I prefer the look of these better.
Cploadt.jpg

Kids enjoying their break from school...took Elsa jeepin.
47x4Uy4.jpg

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Removed the Euro LED tailights and swapped back to the sport tailights. The LED's worked well...but I prefer the look of these better.
Cploadt.jpg

Kids enjoying their break from school...took Elsa jeepin.
47x4Uy4.jpg
Supercharged JK, nice.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
70 degrees and finally a few dry days...time to take top and doors off and head into the woods. Also, installed a bulletproof phone mount(metal version)with a removable gopro attachment. Very solid and a good bit less expensive than 67 designs...held my phone nice and secure on the trail yesterday...would recommend it.
Zwt6Yb6.jpg
z8QwxE3.jpg
7mJ532Q.jpg
vLE22iP.jpg
T4R2quf.jpg

xNF6YSv.jpg

Sponsored

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Great build!
Its always great to see a Jeep out on the trail.
Can you provide some details on the rear third brake light and how it is mounted to the spare?

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Great build!
Its always great to see a Jeep out on the trail.
Can you provide some details on the rear third brake light and how it is mounted to the spare?
Sure thing...it's the Teraflex Alpha carrier and comes with an attachment for the 3rd brake light. Install is straight forward...I followed this video which shows details on how it works:

I like that it has a forward/backward adjustment for different backspaced wheels to keep the spare close to the tailgate and also has vertical adjustment to hold up to a 39" tire.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Added Quake Sequential LED rubicon fender chop to match LED headlights/fog lights...gained about 2-3" of uptravel and they are much brighter than the stock rubi halogens. Could easily run 39s with 2.5" lift + fender chop.:) They are hyperflashing with turn signal out error on the dash, but Quake is mailing a plug-n-play resistor to fix it. Have front fender liners coming next week. Halogen vs. LED:
D6g31gy.jpg
0DrmX7x.jpg

jTS7amZ.jpg

dt45r6t.jpg

Working on chopping the rear fenders as well and broke a bunch of the annoying white clips.:giggle: Going to dealer today to get replacements. Trimmed the factory inner liners and going to try and use them with the chopped rear fenders. Will post better pics when finished.
5hv14FN.jpg

Have @CavFab_mfg new ultra clearance rear bumper at powdercoat now. Hope to pick it up soon. :involve:

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link