Sponsored

Billet Sport S- Rubi Axle/T-Case Swap

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Bought the t-case from another forum member in Oklahoma. This completes adding the key rubicon upgrades that I care about.(axles/lockers/brakes/gearing/t-case, highline fenders) I'll add a stubby bumper/winch next and probably go to 37s at a later date. The current setup has alot of wheelwell space making the 35s look smaller.
ydWU0wE.jpg

I know 37s would look proper, however, I'm not super motivated about 37s on a 25k miles/yr daily driver bc:

1. I'll want to go to 4.88 gearing
2. 37's are pricey
3. Gas mileage takes another hit
4. Even tougher for our younger kids to climb in
I think your Jeep looks great, but if you're concerned about the fender gap, a set of aftermarket Steel bumpers would take care of it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I think your Jeep looks great, but if you're concerned about the fender gap, a set of aftermarket Steel bumpers would take care of it.
Thanks for the reply. Are you insinuating that adding approx 100lb bumper to the front and rear is going to lower the jeep a noticeable amount? I've talked with others and have heard it may lower it a 1/2" to 3/4".

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. Are you insinuating that adding approx 100lb bumper to the front and rear is going to lower the jeep a noticeable amount? I've talked with others and have heard it may lower it a 1/2" to 3/4".
I think with Bumpers and a Winch, 3/4" is definitely doable in the front. If the lift install is somewhat recent, the springs may still settle a bit.

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
@ChattVol Great thread !

I've read all of it, because as you know, I have a European JLUR that is finally just a US Rubicon with Sahara fender flares (I've checked the axles and they are M210 front and M220 rear...). And I also want to put 315/70R17 KO2 on it.

I have two questions:

1) I am not sure to have perfectly understood your real height gain for front and rear compared to a standard 4dr Rubicon:

- Front : 1.75+1 = +2.75" compared to a stock JLUR ?
-Rear: 0.5+1.5= +2" compared to a stock JLUR ?

2) Where did you buy your fender flares ? Are they LED or DRL ?
I need to buy the LED ones for mine but it looks to be a considerable mess in the references between 2dr, 4dr, LED, DRL, paintable and black..

Thanks for you help !

PS: To simulate your steel front bumper + winch and rear steel bumper, simply check online the weight of it. AEV fullwidth front bumper = 116LbS + Winch = 70Lbs
AEV rear bumper = 56 Lbs

Stock Front = 27Lbs
Stock Rear = 15 Lbs

Simply calculate the real addition of weight and put that difference with Gym Weight in you cargo and on you front bumper.

I made a try on mine and it was about 0.5 - 0.75" at least for front and rear...

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
@ChattVol Great thread !

I've read all of it, because as you know, I have a European JLUR that is finally just a US Rubicon with Sahara fender flares (I've checked the axles and they are M210 front and M220 rear...). And I also want to put 315/70R17 KO2 on it.

I have two questions:

1) I am not sure to have perfectly understood your real height gain for front and rear compared to a standard 4dr Rubicon:

- Front : 1.75+1 = +2.75" compared to a stock JLUR ?
-Rear: 0.5+1.5= +2" compared to a stock JLUR ?

2) Where did you buy your fender flares ? Are they LED or DRL ?
I need to buy the LED ones for mine but it looks to be a considerable mess in the references between 2dr, 4dr, LED, DRL, paintable and black..

Thanks for you help !

PS: To simulate your steel front bumper + winch and rear steel bumper, simply check online the weight of it. AEV fullwidth front bumper = 116LbS + Winch = 70Lbs
AEV rear bumper = 56 Lbs

Stock Front = 27Lbs
Stock Rear = 15 Lbs

Simply calculate the real addition of weight and put that difference with Gym Weight in you cargo and on you front bumper.

I made a try on mine and it was about 0.5 - 0.75" at least for front and rear...
Hey...thanks for the feedback. To answer your questions:

1. The front coil height is about 3" taller than a stock rubi and rear is 2.5" taller.
2. Bought the rubi flares/liners from a forum member and they are halogen

Reactions: POL
OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Had the rubi 4:1 t case swapped in today...prob one of my favorite mods along with axles/lockers. It made a big difference climbing with the 6 speed. Was able to test it out offroad a little tonight with Kevin and Brittany from Litebrite...it idled up hills and crawled over a 1 ft rock without having to touch the clutch or give it gas. I pushed the brakes testing it earlier and it wouldn't stall.:like:

Also rode with Kevin in their 2019 Polaris 1000cc turbo razr. That beast is scary fast and sounds unreal...I'll stick to jeeping so I can stay alive to see my kids grow up.:whew:
UUHLJrn.jpg
VT7Uqq9.jpg

ShttVJk.jpg

Last edited:

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Had the rubi 4:1 t case swapped in today...prob one of my favorite mods along with axles/lockers. It made a big difference climbing with the 6 speed. Was able to test it out tonight with the Litebrite folks. It idled up hills and crawled over a 1 ft rock without having to touch the clutch or give it gas. I pushed the brakes testing it earlier and it wouldn't stall.:like: Also drove the stepchild and rode with Kevin in their Polaris 1000cc turbo razr. That beast is scary fast and sounds unreal.
UUHLJrn.jpg
VT7Uqq9.jpg

ShttVJk.jpg
Nice!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Took the dive and now enjoy the fruits.

Awesome pics!

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
So impressed with everything you’ve done.
It's been a fun journey and I've learned alot...going to "try" to hold off on more mods for a bit and ride with it like this for a while.;) It still needs a bumper/winch, but should be fine if I wheel with folks who have a winch.

MaineLotus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Moab
Nice thread! Did you consider installing stock Rubicon locker switches? I think using them engages the ECU in the whole process, but I'm still wondering if it's possible. I'll likely do the axle swap at some point as well.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Nice thread! Did you consider installing stock Rubicon locker switches? I think using them engages the ECU in the whole process, but I'm still wondering if it's possible. I'll likely do the axle swap at some point as well.
I like having the lockers wired to aux switches so you can engage lockers in 2wd, 4wd high & low. The wiring is setup so the lockers can only be engaged when the ignition is on.

MaineLotus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Moab
I like having the lockers wired to aux switches so you can engage lockers in 2wd, 4wd high & low. The wiring is setup so the lockers can only be engaged when the ignition is on.
Makes sense. For me, i'd probably only use them in 4wd low anyway. There isn't much information on how the Rubicon locker switches wire up, thought I'd check if you had any knowledge.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Hoping to balance ROI and added capability, I may swap this practical mod in after dinner tonight:CWL:
Sponsored

Last edited: