Sponsored

Billet Sport S- Rubi Axle/T-Case Swap

Bulldog4xFour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2022 JLUS 4xe, 2022 JT Mojave
Just read your thread from beginning to end, you had an awesome build journal. It even had a sad, but satisfying end to it. That was a bummer that you sold the Nomad after all the work you put into it, but as a guy with 3 young kids I completely agree with your reasoning for parting with it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Just read your thread from beginning to end, you had an awesome build journal. It even had a sad, but satisfying end to it. That was a bummer that you sold the Nomad after all the work you put into it, but as a guy with 3 young kids I completely agree with your reasoning for parting with it.
Thanks man...appreciate the kind words. I hope you have better luck. Feel free to PM me if you have questions or if I can help.:beer:

Last edited:

luna4x4

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to be doing a D44 Swap on my 2018 JL Sport within the next month or two. Trying to get my head around what I will need to buy in addition to the axles themselves.

So far it looks like I will need:

- Rubicon length tierod.
- Longer emergency brake cable (this one I am unsure about).
- Longer/compatible brake lines (I am also unsure if these are needed as well).
- E-Locker Wiring Harness (Front and Rear)

As for wiring up lockers, my plan was to wire them to my AUX switches directly. This thread is pretty long, if anyone else has any additional information on what I will need, please let me know here.

Last edited:

Dalvarado55

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport 2.0, MC 3.5" lift, Rubi Axles
Thanks man...appreciate the kind words. I hope you have better luck. Feel free to PM me if you have questions or if I can help.:beer:
I just did this about 2 months ago on my 2018 JLU Sport. Yes you need a Rubicon length Tie Rod. I did not need to extend my emergency brake lines. I re-routed the lines under the crossmember which also helps keeping them from being ripped out when articulating your rear axle. You donā€™t need new brake lines unless you are using the Rubicon front brakes. I used the Rubicon rear brakes but the front has a bend in the brake line that the other models donā€™t have. I just swapped my Sport brakes out and put them on the Rubicon D44 front. No issues there. Yes youā€™ll need the factory e locker wiring harness. I hooked them up to my Rough Country ML6 switch and they run great.

good luck

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I am going to be doing a D44 Swap on my 2018 JL Sport within the next month or two. Trying to get my head around what I will need to buy in addition to the axles themselves.

So far it looks like I will need:

- Rubicon length tierod.
- Longer emergency brake cable (this one I am unsure about).
- Longer/compatible brake lines (I am also unsure if these are needed as well).
- E-Locker Wiring Harness (Front and Rear)

As for wiring up lockers, my plan was to wire them to my AUX switches directly. This thread is pretty long, if anyone else has any additional information on what I will need, please let me know here.
Did this about six months ago. Just reinstalled my sports brakes for now.
Longer drag link. I went with synergy love it so far. I also got the synergy e-brake line relocation brackets. Ordered the E-locker harness through my local dealer. Brake lines fit no problem even with my 2.5ā€ lift kit. I recommend just pulling the caliper off and using a bungee to hold it out of the way so you donā€™t have to bleed the system. Other then that you should be all good. You also need a switch pod or something similar to run your lockers

Sponsored

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Had the rubi 4:1 t case swapped in today...prob one of my favorite mods along with axles/lockers. It made a big difference climbing with the 6 speed. Was able to test it out offroad a little tonight with Kevin and Brittany from Litebrite...it idled up hills and crawled over a 1 ft rock without having to touch the clutch or give it gas. I pushed the brakes testing it earlier and it wouldn't stall.:like:

Also rode with Kevin in their 2019 Polaris 1000cc turbo razr. That beast is scary fast and sounds unreal...I'll stick to jeeping so I can stay alive to see my kids grow up.:whew:
UUHLJrn.jpg
VT7Uqq9.jpg

ShttVJk.jpg
Hi! How did you get the tcase? Iā€™m
Looking for one and the core charge is killing me! They said the sport case isnā€™t acceptable the core.
but this is exactly what Iā€™m looking for! Iā€™ve been stalling so much off roading!!

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Hi! How did you get the tcase? Iā€™m
Looking for one and the core charge is killing me! They said the sport case isnā€™t acceptable the core.
but this is exactly what Iā€™m looking for! Iā€™ve been stalling so much off roading!!
I bought the t-case with 2k miles on it from a guy on the forum who swapped in an Atlas. At the time, America's Most Wanted 4x4 in Michigan was selling them new for around $1950 with no core charge. I'd call them. Best of luck.

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I bought the t-case with 2k miles on it from a guy on the forum who swapped in an Atlas. At the time, America's Most Wanted 4x4 in Michigan was selling them new for around $1950 with no core charge. I'd call them. Best of luck.
Wow! Thatā€™s great! Thank you!! Atlas doesnā€™t have those out yet, maybe he was a tester? Iā€™ve been holding out for them but theyā€™re delayed again.:(

freaknasty

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willy's Unlimited Extreme Recon Package
Occupation
I'm, "That Guy"
Added 4 black plastic caps from Ace Hardware to fill the rear bumper sensor holes. They were $.59/ea and the 11/16" size fit like a glove and snapped in place. Looks finished now..
UvTij35.jpg
Do you have the part # from ACE by chance? Thanks

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Added 4 black plastic caps from Ace Hardware to fill the rear bumper sensor holes. They were $.59/ea and the 11/16" size fit like a glove and snapped in place. Looks finished now..
UvTij35.jpg
Looks great! Would you be able to provide a link to the caps?
Sponsored