OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Has not even been tested yet lol. I don't think I will. The Jeep pulls hard in every gear..even lugging a gear with a lot of throttle
I'm confused....I thought you were waiting for parts and it had been over a month? Are you talking about non clutch recall related parts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Iā€™m just waiting for whatever parts they ordered. Assume the sleeve.
Strange...the recall protocol is for the clutch test to be performed before they order a hose...I was told many JL's only need the sleeve part. FYI...mine didn't require the hose.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Iā€™m just waiting for whatever parts they ordered. Assume the sleeve.
Hi, ChattVol is right! You have to have the clutch test done before the parts are ordered. Not every Jeep needs every recall part.
If you need help with an appointment, feel free to send us a PM with your VIN and dealer.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Hi, ChattVol is right! You have to have the clutch test done before the parts are ordered. Not every Jeep needs every recall part.
If you need help with an appointment, feel free to send us a PM with your VIN and dealer.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
Thought everyone got the protective sleeve? ..to prevent the air bubble issues in the first place?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Thought everyone got the protective sleeve? ..to prevent the air bubble issues in the first place?
It was explained that everyone gets the sleeve, their clutch bled and a clutch test. The sleeve is a simple fire prevention measure and bleeding the clutch is to remove any bubbles. If the hose leaks after they're bleeding it, they'll order a hose. If it fails the clutch test, they'll order a replacement clutch.

Bottom line, you shouldn't be waiting a month for parts if you haven't taken your jeep to the dealer.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Back in the saddle....wheelin trip to Stoney Lonesome in AL on the 17th to do 2 badge of honor trails with forum folks.

Dont like how the 6 speed doesn't have the additional front crossmember to semi protect the oil pan. Ordered Rough Country oil pan/transmission + transfer case skids after looking at several systems. Like that it has recessed bolts and provides a flat surface to slide over obstacles and only weighs 85lbs. Dont think I need the gas tank skid after seeing the factory skid on my friends gladiator take a beating and hold up well. I think you only lose about 1/2" of clearance on the belly...should get them bolted on this weekend.
Jeep Wrangler JL Billet Sport S- Rubi Axle/T-Case Swap Mfd6ICO

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Added Rough Country oil pan/transmission + transfer case skid system. Love the recessed bolts and flat profile for sliding. Weighed 85lbs and stock skid that was removed weighed 20lbs...net weight gain of 65lbs and lost about 1/4" of ground clearance. Have more confidence wheelin...especially considering the 6 speed doesn't get the extra front crossmember that the automatic comes with from the factory. Placed order with @TTEChris at Tank Customs and skids were here in 2 days....great service. Goin wheelin tomorrow to test them out..:party:
Jeep Wrangler JL Billet Sport S- Rubi Axle/T-Case Swap bQd7EA6
Jeep Wrangler JL Billet Sport S- Rubi Axle/T-Case Swap k3jBL4Y
Jeep Wrangler JL Billet Sport S- Rubi Axle/T-Case Swap M1rHwXQ

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Looks good.
Thoughts on Diff skids?
I can maybe see a need for a rancho/Metalcloak front diff skid to protect the drain bolt if you rock crawl alot. In the rear, the pumpkin is made of thick cast steel....virtually impossible to do meaningful damage to it. IMHO, a rear diff skid isnt needed and Metalcloak did a good job marketing it. Look at the folks who wheel hard on YouTube...vast majority aren't running diff skids unless they're paid to run it.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Damn i wish they paid me to run mine in the rear lol. For what its worth ive hit that thing pretty hard on some unexpecting rocks, just a piece of mind for me

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Damn i wish they paid me to run mine in the rear lol. For what its worth ive hit that thing pretty hard on some unexpecting rocks, just a piece of mind for me
Cool...The bottom of the housing has to be a few inches thick...would prob live through a nuclear war.
Sponsored