OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I'll go that route when they are available again.
Wise move...I imagine that's why all the other lifts don't use a claw/hook that snugly fits around the top/weather stripping supporting probably half the weight of the hardtop.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
My clutch has been slipping a bit lately and I took it to dealer for the clutch recall. It's the first jl that has failed their clutch test...Getting a new clutch!:rock: Downside is it's gonna take a few weeks...but they're ordering a loaner car. I'm pumped up to get it fixed for free bc I was dreading spending $2500 on a new clutch at 27k miles.

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Glad they are taking care of the clutch issue.
Some of the issues may be related to the dual disc setup that was new for the JL.
Maybe FCA will go back to a simpler design like they had in the JK.

Last edited:

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
My clutch has been slipping a bit lately and I took it to dealer for the clutch recall. It's the first jl that has failed their clutch test...Getting a new clutch!:rock: Downside is it's gonna take a few weeks...but they're ordering a loaner car. I'm pumped up to get it fixed for free bc I was dreading spending $2500 on a new clutch at 27k miles.
That’s great.... they didn’t give you a hard time about all the mods/upgrades creating issues?

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
That’s great.... they didn’t give you a hard time about all the mods/upgrades creating issues?
No...my dealer has been exceptional. They previously replaced the full driver door bc the hinges kept popping and also replaced weather stripping around 2 doors and the aux and main battery. I always clean it before bringing it in, unmarry tazer and try and be polite.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
No...my dealer has been exceptional. They previously replaced the full driver door bc the hinges kept popping and also replaced weather stripping around 2 doors and the aux and main battery. I always clean it before bringing it in, unmarry tazer and try and be polite.
That is awesome. You have to appreciate that type of customer satisfaction approach.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
My dealer(Mtn View Ringgold GA) continues to be outstanding...after 10 days, picked up jeep today with complete new clutch after driving it 27k miles and failing the recall.(provided a loaner car) I wasnt hard on this clutch and never smoked it...had 3 other manuals previously and managed 180k miles out of a Infiniti g35 clutch one time. The clutch was noticeably slipping lately and the dealer confirmed and said it slipped alot during their test and was in rough shape when they looked at it removed. They also replaced the rear glass seal that was leaking a little and charged the battery.

The new clutch engages at a lower point and feels much better...drives like a different vehicle with no slipping. Very happy! In case it helps anybody, here's my dealer paperwork with FCA part #'s for sleeve, flywheel, clutch kit and all hardware.
Jeep Wrangler JL Billet Sport S- Rubi Axle/T-Case Swap 20200605_202955

Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Wow...a month...are you also getting the full clutch replacement?
Has not even been tested yet lol. I don't think I will. The Jeep pulls hard in every gear..even lugging a gear with a lot of throttle
Sponsored