OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Painted and installed 4 piece @Motobilt rear liners. They fit well...but the hardware wasn't great and they provide no directions online or on paper. I had to use 1 of my nutserts(Motobilt provides none for the body) and get 2 washers bc 2 of the bolts provided were too small for 2 of the body holes their bolt goes through. Made a trip to Ace Hardware. Motobilt needs to give these a little more attention bc they look nice when finished. I think a 37" tire should tuck in them nicely...any bigger would likely require trimming.
nsoDcaX.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I like the liners.

Well done!
Thanks...happy with how it turned out and glad it's done. Going to flex it out with 1 bumpstop on a trail ride when it dries up...may be able to run no bumpstops. Chattanooga has had over 32" of rain YTD and is tracking to crush the previous annual rainfall record...getting depressing.

ElvisJL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Liners look good! It's really shitty they didn't provide adequate hardware or instructions.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Test flexed it after the fender chop and removing a bumpstop...now running 1 puck on all 4 corners. Was able to get the forklift up to 39" and started lifting a tire. Passenger side front was touching the fender brackets on top of inner fender at full stuff. I highly doubt I'll flex it this much on the trail...going to roll with 1 bumpstop and see how it does...very happy about increased uptravel.
WSBuDtu.jpg

IUoJ1Uo.jpg
kdPHM5v.jpg

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Can i use your forklift? Lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Small mod here...have been using a Lange Originals manual hoist to remove the hardtop for a year and a half. After about 15 uses, I've noticed the rear hook/claw compresses the weather stripping around the glass and is starting to reshape it and a little rain can get in. Added some $25 Topsy brackets that mount to rear hardtop glass hinge....got a 36" long piece of 3/4" steel square tubing at Ace Hardware and drilled 3 holes and added 1/4" eye bolts to lift the Topsy brackets vertically.
8YslhCA.png

Jeep Wrangler JL Billet Sport S- Rubi Axle/T-Case Swap 20200509_070131

Jeep Wrangler JL Billet Sport S- Rubi Axle/T-Case Swap 20200509_070220

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Was debating on what to use for my new lift. Those hooks that are always on the hard top or their JL hook... which seems to be a pain to fish up through the glass every time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Billet Sport S- Rubi Axle/T-Case Swap 1589027571460

How's the seal with the Topsy Brackets?

(Never mind, the brackets are sold out.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Was debating on what to use for my new lift. Those hooks that are always on the hard top or their JL hook... which seems to be a pain to fish up through the glass every time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Billet Sport S- Rubi Axle/T-Case Swap 1589027571460

How's the seal with the Topsy Brackets?

(Never mind, the brackets are sold out.)
Hey...I bought my hoist with Lange's JL hook and it's simple to position...the only reason I changed is bc it compresses the rear glass weather stripping and I noticed some water had gotten through it.

The topsy brackets dont affect the weather stripping seal at all bc they fit over the rear glass brackets. As a result, they seem to be a better long term solution for folks who remove their top alot or leave it hanging for an extended period.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Hey...I bought my hoist with Lange's JL hook and it's simple to position...the only reason I changed is bc it compresses the rear glass weather stripping and I noticed some water had gotten through it.

The topsy brackets dont affect the weather stripping seal at all bc they fit over the rear glass brackets. As a result, they seem to be a better long term solution for folks who remove their top alot or leave it hanging for an extended period.
I'll go that route when they are available again.
Sponsored