First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Do you have Metalcloak for all your arms? I currently have a Metalcloak front trackbar that I left gold zinc. I painted these arms black bc my other 6 arms are black Roam adjustables.
I got their game changer 2.5" lift, so all 8 arms were replaced along with track bars of gold. They released their tie rod after I got the SteerSmarts bits, or I'd have that too. I like sticking with a whole system if I can.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I got their game changer 2.5" lift, so all 8 arms were replaced along with track bars of gold. They released their tie rod after I got the SteerSmarts bits, or I'd have that too. I like sticking with a whole system if I can.
Me too, except when I get parts for free. Did you replace the front driveshaft?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Nice...with what driveshaft?
The one MetalCloak sells.

I was contemplating the Adam's 1310 driveshafts but the one they sell is part of their "system" so I just went with it. Seems solid.

Sponsored

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Getting ready to swap rubi axles into my sport. Everything seems easy minus brake lines. Whats the consensus, bend the sport line or take off the line at frame?
Thanks

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Getting ready to swap rubi axles into my sport. Everything seems easy minus brake lines. Whats the consensus, bend the sport line or take off the line at frame?
Thanks
We bent mine...work great.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Installed the Rough Country tag relocation today bc it's one of the few that work with the Teraflex carrier. I'm not crazy about how it looks with the license plate sitting up high and prominent. May swap to an above bumper mounted tag even though I don't like it sticking out 4" on the side where it can easily get caught on trees/rocks. Anybody have other ideas that would work with the teraflex carrier?
ojkoyul-jpg.jpg

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
In the same boat regarding a license plate holder.
Ordered the RC plate adapter like you have.
Thinking about getting two wheel studs 14mmx1.5 to stick out of the two holes in the rim that are empty.
Then mounting the RC plate adapter upside down.
Just my $0.015 worth...

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Thinking about getting two wheel studs 14mmx1.5 to stick out of the two holes in the rim that are empty.
Just my $0.015 worth...
The 2 lower unused wheel stud holes in the wheel that are empty are further spaced apart than the top 2 wheel studs that the RC bracket was made to fit. I don't think your idea will work.

I drilled 2 more holes in the bracket and lowered the plate a little over an inch...looks a little better.
6OYuqeM.jpg

Sponsored

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Looks better.
Still going to try to figure out a way to lower the the RC plate below the 3rd brake light.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Added @CavFab_mfg ultra clearance bumper...only weighed about 55lbs and definitely added clearance over the stock bumper. Also, pics of Quake LED fender chop DRL/turn signal lights.
Sgw4SB1.jpg
nTvvjiv.jpg
PdF1n5i.jpg
8MPfNQB.jpg

Ordered Motobilt fender liners.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Just my $0.015 worth...
I was able to drill a few holes in the RC bracket to lower the license plate another inch to where I like it. I also added (3) longer m6 x 40mm stainless screws and 1" spacers to move the Teraflex Alpha camera mount out further so the wheel/tire only takes up about 5% of the backup camera screen.
FHVLaek.jpg

Before I went this route, I looked closely at moving the plate below the camera(pic below) and mounting the plate holder upside down.(so light is on bottom) It could probably work mounting to one RC provided lug nut moved to the lug below the camera. It requires drilling a hole in the top middle of the license plate and bracket and using about 1.75" of spacers to push the plate out enough to get the mount vertical with 17"Ă—8.5" wheels that measured 4.6" backspacing. I tested fitment with 1.25" of spacers and it needed atleast a 1/2" more for the plate to be vertical This would require a long m8 screw to go through the spacers into the lugnut...probably m8-1.25 Ă— 70mm would work(the RC kit comes with m8-1.25 Ă— 25mm)
mfrmBLl.jpg

However, I wasn't crazy about the idea of mounting to one lug going through 1.75" of spacers thinking the plate may move around a bit. Also, the tag light at the bottom would be pointing directly into the backup camera likely making it harder to see. As a result, I think mounting just above the tail light is more functional and looks ok.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Put on front liners...they fit nicely. The rear liners arrived and I'll be painting them tomorrow. Almost done for a bit and ready to hit the trails. Chopping the fenders has been a good bit of work when factoring the ancillary things that can go with it if you want a little more finished look.
mSigH6Q.jpg

3IcvXcu.jpg
Sponsored