UCnight

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
when you removed the euro covers from your front bumper, did you cover the back of the bumper or fog light housing with anything? Or did you just leave all that open?
Sponsored

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport s 1999 Cherokee Sport
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
when you removed the euro covers from your front bumper, did you cover the back of the bumper or fog light housing with anything? Or did you just leave all that open?
It’s fine to leave all that open.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I used shears to cut out the plastic portion around the back of the bumper. You could prob leave it open, but I didnt want mud/water hitting the fog light wiring and also didnt like the way it looked without a back. Here it is:
Pq9B2TX.jpg

Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Been out enjoying the jeep...high centered on this when the front right tire dropped in that low area. Locked up and and was denied again...need to put a few rocks in the low area.:)
EgcqSgK.jpg

9F5yPsV.jpg
Loving the T case?

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Last night, I returned from a crazy long drive in the jeep(882 miles in 36 hrs) on a business trip from TN to North Carolina. I got to stop off at @Sting_NC_USA house in Charlotte and listen to his rubi's unbelievable sound system and he was kind to tune my system. His system sounds absurdly clean and powerful where you literally feel the music in your body on a whole new level. Not surprisingly, his awesome aftermarket amp tutorial was recently chosen to be featured on this forum's homepage linked here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/adding-aftermarket-amp-to-your-jeep-jl/

The drive duration was 18 hrs involving 90% hwy miles cruising at 75mph when possible going over several mountains and heavy traffic on 5 occasions due to wrecks/construction zones/rush hr traffic. Before the trip, I aired the 35" ko2's up to 32 psi cold to maximize gas mileage and they were at 36 psi after warming up. Averaging approx 19mpg isn't bad on a lifted 4 door on 35s! :dance::turkey: Next time, I'll try and also meet up with @chevymitchell to go wheelin at Uwharrie.
ViCLAB6.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
upload_2019-4-6_23-33-52.jpeg

And I really put my sliders to use on this one... all in good fun lol.
upload_2019-4-6_23-35-18.jpeg

I should have more pictures hopefully tomorrow when I get with my friends it was a late trip getting back tonight.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
upload_2019-4-6_23-33-52.jpeg

And I really put my sliders to use on this one... all in good fun lol.
upload_2019-4-6_23-35-18.jpeg

I should have more pictures hopefully tomorrow when I get with my friends it was a late trip getting back tonight.
Nice...that looks like thick mud. What tires do you have?

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Nice...that looks like thick mud. What tires do you have?
I have the 285/70/17 KO2's and I didn't have any problems. Aired down to 20psi and I was good to go for the trails we did. With those tires and stock rubicon suspension I probably scraped about 35 times but that's what the skids are for. Funny thing most of the scraping was done on these little mounds of dirt that you go up and immediately go down the other side. On the rocks I was scraping but nothing bad at all. Still makes me want a lift and bigger tires though :like:
Sponsored