hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to all who have followed this build...it's's been a fun and educational ride over the last 2.5 years. Unfortunately, the jeep had more issues over the last year and I was spending alot of time at the dealer....service was subpar and it became a headache. I also had to have an offroad shop replace the balljoints at 29k miles(not cheap) and was getting ready to invest alot in regearing. With 4 kids, it got to the point where it wasn't enjoyable...so I sold it.

With that said, I'm not giving up on the idea of owning another Jeep in the future. I sincerely hope the bronco forces FCA to invest in improving quality and dealer service. I got the jeep detailed for the sale...she still cleans up pretty good.:beer:

20201208_175917.jpg
It does look great. Someone getting a nice rig man. Hopefully we see another one under you tag name in near future.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
It does look great. Someone getting a nice rig man. Hopefully we see another one under you tag name in near future.
Thanks...I'm glad I was able to have everything fixed for the buyer. IMHO, FCA cut corners by going away from all metal ball joints and steel knuckles. The electronics and 2 battery design also needs an overhaul. Hope your rig treats you well.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Thanks to all who have followed this build...it's's been a fun and educational ride over the last 2.5 years. Unfortunately, the jeep had more issues over the last year and I was spending alot of time at the dealer....service was subpar and it became a headache. I also had to have an offroad shop replace the balljoints at 29k miles(not cheap) and was getting ready to invest alot in regearing. With 4 kids, it got to the point where it wasn't enjoyable...so I sold it.

With that said, I'm not giving up on the idea of owning another Jeep in the future. I sincerely hope the bronco forces FCA to invest in improving quality and dealer service. I got the jeep detailed for the sale...she still cleans up pretty good.:beer:

20201208_175917.jpg
Ahh you’ll have another one eventually!

I just put some Dynatrac ball joints in myself. Install wasn’t really any harder than doing a lift! You coulda done it.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Ahh you’ll have another one eventually!

I just put some Dynatrac ball joints in myself. Install wasn’t really any harder than doing a lift! You coulda done it.
I hear ya...I'm sure I could've installed them. I was simply ready to stop spending time and $ on a high maintenance vehicle and redirect it towards the family.(wife was also happy I sold it)

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I hear ya...I'm sure I could've installed them. I was simply ready to stop spending time and $ on a high maintenance vehicle and redirect it towards the family.(wife was also happy I sold it)
Funny, mine keeps pushing me to trade in for a 4 door.

Sponsored

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Hate to see that the Jeep is being sold.
Sure that you will get another Jeep someday.
If you need your wheeling fix in the interim, come to NC and we'll find a trail.
Might have a CJ-7 on 35's you can borrow.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Hate to see that the Jeep is being sold.
Sure that you will get another Jeep someday.
If you need your wheeling fix in the interim, come to NC and we'll find a trail.
Might have a CJ-7 on 35's you can borrow.
Good times meeting and riding with you and your son. When I sold the jeep, I kinda felt like I was selling a pet...but glad to know it's going to a good guy who's in the Army. Having 4 younger kids made it tough to justify frequently going to the dealer and working on the jeep...I'm sure I'll get another play vehicle later.

I'm very interested in driving the 2.7 liter Bronco with sasquatch package...but dont want to buy the first model year again so Ford can have some time to work out some of the issues. That motor makes 400lb ft of torque at 2800rpm and has proven to be a real workhorse in the F-150 over the last 6 years. Seems like a significant upgrade over FCA's 3.6 and 2.0 motor. The 3.6 only makes 260lb ft of torque and didn't come alive until 4000rpm...wasnt optimal for crawling on the trail.:beer:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
@Krondor @Moto_21 @Creeker @hoag4147 @LUV2JEEP

Thought you guys might be interested in this video from the perspective of a big jeep builder who also owns a crazy built JT. At 12:30 into the video, they hammer down with 400lb ft of torque and he compares the ride.
Yeah I was watch KOH videos when I came across this one.

The active suspension does make me drool. I look forward to the reviews after owners have had theirs for a year or so.

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
The Bronco has a bunch of cool stuff.

However, I really like the old school stuff.
IMHO, a CJ you build with a V8 with headers, manual gear box, manual OX lockers, twin stick, race seats, 5 point harnesses, custom roll cage, and half doors is one of the most fun rigs to have on a trail.

Jeep Wrangler JL Billet Sport S- Rubi Axle/T-Case Swap IMG_8089.JPG

Old school fun for less than half the cost of a new Bronco.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
The Bronco has a bunch of cool stuff.

However, I really like the old school stuff.
IMHO, a CJ you build with a V8 with headers, manual gear box, manual OX lockers, twin stick, race seats, 5 point harnesses, custom roll cage, and half doors is one of the most fun rigs to have on a trail.

Jeep Wrangler JL Billet Sport S- Rubi Axle/T-Case Swap IMG_8089.JPG

Old school fun for less than half the cost of a new Bronco.
Awesome CJ. I know you've put way more work into building it than I am willing to do and I'd like something more family/street friendly. :beer:
Sponsored