Sponsored

BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Got the LOD Destroyer Shorty Bumper installed. Super well built, and looks all business. Will be mounting the Warn Zeon 10-s this afternoon. Can't say enough good things about LOD quality - welds are impeccable, finish is very even and flawless looking. All hardware is good quality. Very glad I'm building my JLU with LOD bumpers and sliders!

Sorry for the dirt pic - it's been snowing here lately!

IMG_1189 (2).jpg

IMG_1187 (2).jpg
Looks Awesome! Can't wait to see it with sliders too!
Sponsored

Opie88

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Unlimited Moab
Got mine in January. Got the Mopar satin black grill. Love it when it is clean. Lot's of salt lately. UPS dropped off my Sunrider Bestop yesterday. Need to warm up before install. -39 degrees on Interstate 90 this AM!

20181228_142109.jpg

20190124_103045.jpg

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Looks Awesome! Can't wait to see it with sliders too!
Thanks LOD! I'm really impressed with your products. Excellent build quality and killer looks. Can't wait to see my 37 Cooper STT's sitting behind that rocking Destroyer shorty bumper!

I've also got your full width Rear Destroyer w/ Tire carrier that l I'll be installing myself as soon as I get a day off work. The only thing I had a question about regarding that was; I received the blank steel inserts/templates instead of the LED light cutouts (I ordered from morris 4x4 and am pretty sure I specified light cutouts but never got an itemized list from them of my order); how do I get the inserts/light mounts for the rear bumper as I want to install the lights BEFORE I mount that beast up. This would be for the rigid D series LED's.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Thanks LOD! I'm really impressed with your products. Excellent build quality and killer looks. Can't wait to see my 37 Cooper STT's sitting behind that rocking Destroyer shorty bumper!

I've also got your full width Rear Destroyer w/ Tire carrier that l I'll be installing myself as soon as I get a day off work. The only thing I had a question about regarding that was; I received the blank steel inserts/templates instead of the LED light cutouts (I ordered from morris 4x4 and am pretty sure I specified light cutouts but never got an itemized list from them of my order); how do I get the inserts/light mounts for the rear bumper as I want to install the lights BEFORE I mount that beast up. This would be for the rigid D series LED's.
You know the nice thing about these light bezels, you can remove them without removing your bumper so you can change easily! :like: Go ahead and install, wire it up and put the blank bezels in until we can get you some new ones, no need to wait! Pm me your info and I'll look into it in the morning.

Michael.

Sponsored

jeeprookie

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe
Hi all -- I'm about to buy a 2018 JL Sahara in billet silver, and I have a choice between beige or black leather. Any suggestions please? I'm inclined to go with beige as I think it might be a bit cooler in the summer (I live in the UAE). Silver with black seems like a no-brainer, but I think the silver/beige combo looks quite nice too.

Separately, is there any compelling reason to hold out for a 2019? The dealers here are trying to shift their remaining 2018s with compelling deals (e.g., five yrs service + warranty), and apparently prices will increase 7-10% for the '19s. My understanding is that forward-collision warning, adaptive cruise control and auto emergency braking as extras are the only potential differences between '18 and '19 JLs. Has anyone heard differently?

Many thanks for any suggestions and insight!

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
You may want to repost this in the general forum without the color options included. That way you will get responses from more people on the differences between the 18's and 19's. And leave it here for the billet silvers to post their opinion on your color choices.

That being said, black just goes really nicely with silver. I'm not a big fan of tan with the silver but it will be cooler in the summer. And it's going to be your jeep, go with what you think is the nicest. If being cooler is a priority and you like both, get the tan. It will definitely be less common.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
You make your choice for your reasons.
My opinion is to go with black interior. One, tan will show dirt. Two, the Silver looks better with black accents. Three, black accessories are much more readily available. Just my opinion. Buy what makes you happy, you're the one paying for it.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Hi all -- I'm about to buy a 2018 JL Sahara in billet silver, and I have a choice between beige or black leather. Any suggestions please? I'm inclined to go with beige as I think it might be a bit cooler in the summer (I live in the UAE). Silver with black seems like a no-brainer, but I think the silver/beige combo looks quite nice too.

Separately, is there any compelling reason to hold out for a 2019? The dealers here are trying to shift their remaining 2018s with compelling deals (e.g., five yrs service + warranty), and apparently prices will increase 7-10% for the '19s. My understanding is that forward-collision warning, adaptive cruise control and auto emergency braking as extras are the only potential differences between '18 and '19 JLs. Has anyone heard differently?

Many thanks for any suggestions and insight!
The 18's also have adaptive cruise, forward-collision warning, and emergency braking, assuming of course you can find any left in stock with it. It was an option though, so you may be able to find them if you want them.
As for color. in UAE you're seats are going to be hot regardless of black/tan. Honestly I doubt the temperature difference between the two colors would be more than a few degrees.
I also like black seats a little better with the billet silver, but that's just a matter of personal preference. I had a tan interior in my dark green mustang and loved it. Some people thought it should have been black. Just a matter of taste, you'll find both opinions on color choice.
I'd say get the one you think looks the best. The temperature difference will be minor, and you don't want to let other peoples' opinions of what looks good influence what you buy. You have to look at it every day so you should pick what you like to look at, not what they like to look at.

Winter in the desert.

C149F367-E3DF-49E3-94EE-3DCFD46DF505.jpeg
Ugh. Gorgeous photo, but ugh. Oh well, I'll be thinking of you in July when it's 80° here and 120° there. :whew:

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Wow, you guys are killing me. Keep the photos coming, it gives us folks up north something to dream about. BTW, I really like that first one NMhooligan.
Sponsored