BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Well, heck. I've seen all the other color "clubs" but I never saw the Billet thread. Here I thought we were left out. Guess not, so here's mine

18 10-4 (15) resize.jpg

18 10-4 (26) resize.jpg

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Pictures at the dealership before we took it home.

2018_Rubicon_04.jpg
Looks great. The same build I want.

Were you able to choose the dash color, or did it come with red?

Sponsored

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
I think I'm done for now. Finished last of the mods.
•Switchback decal on hood
•Replaced light bar for round LED lights
•Modded roof rack using Smittybilt Mounts and Thule Rack Bars
•Rear LED lights
•Gas filler door
•Rough Country Lift with Springs and Shocks
•Painted the silver area on the Rubicon Wheels with Graphite Metallic

IMG_4706.JPG

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4880.jpg

IMG_4882.jpg

IMG_4858.jpg

IMG_4890.jpg

IMG_4848.jpg

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I think I'm done for now. Finished last of the mods.
•Switchback decal on hood
•Replaced light bar for round LED lights
•Modded roof rack using Smittybilt Mounts and Thule Rack Bars
•Rear LED lights
•Gas filler door
•Rough Country Lift with Springs and Shocks
•Painted the silver area on the Rubicon Wheels with Graphite Metallic

IMG_4706.JPG

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4880.jpg

IMG_4882.jpg

IMG_4858.jpg

IMG_4890.jpg

IMG_4848.jpg
Looks great, what lights are those?

Michael

SilverSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Well, heck. I've seen all the other color "clubs" but I never saw the Billet thread. Here I thought we were left out. Guess not, so here's mine

18 10-4 (15) resize.jpg

18 10-4 (26) resize.jpg
If you were wondering what a Rubicon Express 2.5 lift, factory wheels and 275/70/18 mud tires looked like, here ya go.

AA3BA168-2F46-4A76-9312-B9ED27D997AD.png

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
If you were wondering what a Rubicon Express 2.5 lift, factory wheels and 275/70/18 mud tires looked like, here ya go.

AA3BA168-2F46-4A76-9312-B9ED27D997AD.png
Ooooo, that looks nice. Thanks!!!! How does that R.E. kit ride? I'm sure it's probably firmer than stock (most are) but is it noticeable when driving around on normal roads or just when you get off the pavement? I really like the comfortable ride of the Sahara, so I don't want to mess it up too bad. I figure since yours is a Sahara too, you might be able to give me some perspective.
For example, my Ram from the factory wasn't bad. On a 1-10 scale with 1 being the roughest, I'd say it was about a 6-7 from the factory. After adding a lift and 35's it was more like a 4-5. Though to be clear the seats/interior was a 10. It was like driving a couch.
My JL, using the same scale, is a solid 9 and I really don't want to bring it down too much. It's funny because when I mentioned buying a Jeep my brother told me they were rough and he was thinking about selling his (he has a JK). I test drove a JL before ordering and thought he was nut. All that to say, this is probably the most comfortable factory ride I've had on any vehicle. How's the R.E. stack up to it?

SilverSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Ooooo, that looks nice. Thanks!!!! How does that R.E. kit ride? I'm sure it's probably firmer than stock (most are) but is it noticeable when driving around on normal roads or just when you get off the pavement? I really like the comfortable ride of the Sahara, so I don't want to mess it up too bad. I figure since yours is a Sahara too, you might be able to give me some perspective.
For example, my Ram from the factory wasn't bad. On a 1-10 scale with 1 being the roughest, I'd say it was about a 6-7 from the factory. After adding a lift and 35's it was more like a 4-5. Though to be clear the seats/interior was a 10. It was like driving a couch.
My JL, using the same scale, is a solid 9 and I really don't want to bring it down too much. It's funny because when I mentioned buying a Jeep my brother told me they were rough and he was thinking about selling his (he has a JK). I test drove a JL before ordering and thought he was nut. All that to say, this is probably the most comfortable factory ride I've had on any vehicle. How's the R.E. stack up to it?
Honestly, the lift didn’t degrade the ride at all. It’s a little stiffer when going over a speed bump but off road and pavement ride quality is as good or better than factory. My granddad used to say how rough and miserable the ride of a Jeep was but then again his experience was in the military with the Jeeps of the 50’s. I would absolutely recommend the RE 2.5 lift any day which actually lifted the front 3.5 inches and the back 2.5. Since I like the Jeep wheels and kept them, 1 3/4 wheel spacers were necessary (to replace the 18” wheels like ours they run $450 each-my old tire place lost the keys to the lock lugs and destroyed 3 wheels and 1 lug stud getting them off so never lose those keys!) All in all I couldn’t be happier.