BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
What is wrong with Billet Silver? Are we the most boring group of owners since we purchased a silver Jeep? Are we all introverts?

Or are we having so much fun with our Jeeps that we don't have time to post?

The Billet Silver Wrangler Club is the least posted to of all the major colors: As you can see below we have the least posts to our "color club" by a long shot. That's pathetic. Notice the colors not delivered seem to have the highest interest. I guess when you don't have your Jeep you just write about it. But for the colors that are delivered like Black, White, Red - we are in last place. Sad... :(

Color Club.JPG

Interesting - we seem to be the least popular color choice from the members list of the major delivered colors. So is that it? Are we just unpopular?

Members.JPG

I for one would like to see more posts and more information about what you are all doing with your Billet Silver Jeeps.

End of the public service announcement...
I am a Sting Grey guy myself, but I love Billet silver as well! I love the pictures.. Keep them coming!
Sponsored

Bullheads1

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Healthcare Recruiter
Picked my Billett Silver Jeep Rubicon up a week ago. Been to busy driving it. Love this Jeep.

So far have just put the Mopar sill guards, floor mats and sun shade in it.

Ordered everything I’m going to start with online. Got the winch delivered and just waiting on mounting plates to come and waiting on the Ace rock sliders. Got the BFG KM3’s 35” mud tires and having them put on and the mopar lift done on Tuesday. Haven't decided on wheels. I really like the stock wheels and leaning towards just keeping those.

4FDCB259-717E-4AE1-93A1-9325581859D8.jpeg

7A8F9DC2-6EFF-411E-9764-790994935F23.jpeg

Sponsored

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Not really a match - it’s an unfinished aluminum tone on the ring. I was working with the dealer to hold out for the reverse color beadlock they had on the Nacho at Easter Safari:
7FB8CAF2-7C4C-46C6-885A-5C7DDDF68E44.jpeg

But it didn’t (and doesn’t yet I know if) have a Mopar part#, so they wouldn’t bite.
Same here actually. I contacted a mopar vendor about those same wheels.... I was thinking because they are painted silver surely they would use the same silver paint as they do on the Jeep. Unfortunately they don't know when or if they will be abailable. I like black wheels but everybody has black wheels and I think the silver with black bead is sick!!! I'll be placing my JLR order this fall when the 19' order opens up. If those wheels aren't available by then I may get the black and look into powder coating silver to match.

mopar silver and black.jpg

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Man I really like the MOPAR beadlocks... How close of a match is the silver ring to the silver paint?
The non-beadlock ring that comes with the wheels is billet silver painted. The actual beadlock ring that is purchased separately is unfinished aluminum. So if you are just in it for the looks, perfect match.

ULTRA JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon - Billet Silver
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
E1E76613-F4C6-442D-B8ED-1436FD8B2FDA.jpeg
Same here actually. I contacted a mopar vendor about those same wheels.... I was thinking because they are painted silver surely they would use the same silver paint as they do on the Jeep. Unfortunately they don't know when or if they will be abailable. I like black wheels but everybody has black wheels and I think the silver with black bead is sick!!! I'll be placing my JLR order this fall when the 19' order opens up. If those wheels aren't available by then I may get the black and look into powder coating silver to match.

mopar silver and black.jpg
You can always powder coat them. I went a slightly darker shade. I didn’t want to be all matchy, matchy.LOL
35’s no lift......
. E1E76613-F4C6-442D-B8ED-1436FD8B2FDA.jpeg

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
Method 105’s or KMC XD229 Machete Crawls. That is my dilemma.
My initial thought on those wheels with the machined-out cavities on the beadlock ring is a) weight savings, sure, but b) what a bitch to clean.

Kurtj29

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
My initial thought on those wheels with the machined-out cavities on the beadlock ring is a) weight savings, sure, but b) what a bitch to clean.
Good point.

CP3

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
E1E76613-F4C6-442D-B8ED-1436FD8B2FDA.jpeg

You can always powder coat them. I went a slightly darker shade. I didn’t want to be all matchy, matchy.LOL
35’s no lift......
. E1E76613-F4C6-442D-B8ED-1436FD8B2FDA.jpeg
Any more picks from other angles? Didn’t think I would like the rubicon with no lift and 35’s but this one looks great!
Sponsored