Sponsored

BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club

KDoc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Jeep Cherokee Unlimited 2015 Diesel, 2019 JL Overland ( Sahara in USA)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I find the Billet a interesting color. We did a test drive in one that had just been washed- JLU Sahara Altitude and it looked like the paint was still wet and flowing. When we went back to a dealer to look at colors, due to the recent weather and a day off for the dealer, the jeeps were unwashed- and the Billet definitely loses a lot with some winter grime on it. Not nearly as striking. Considering this will be our third car and not garaged, we are inclined to go with white since it looks better clean and dirty. I really like the Billet, but I wonder if it is like Black- great looking when clean, but not as striking when dirty. Silvers stay WAY better than black dirty, I was just surprised how much pop Billet lost.

Am I wrong?
Yes your wrong !!! White will show the grime much more quickly . Billet looks good regardless .
Sponsored

unionjack515

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara, 2021 Unlimited Rubicon
First post, new member here. Ordered my ā€˜21 JLUR on Friday...4-6 week turn time, so Iā€™ve been told. Billet Silver and fully optioned for the most part with the notable exception of leather seats. May add some Katzkins at some point. I ordered a black Sahara for my daughter in October and took delivery in late Novemberā€”have been so impressed that I am trading my Mercedes in for the Rubicon. :like:

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
First post, new member here. Ordered my ā€˜21 JLUR on Friday...4-6 week turn time, so Iā€™ve been told. Billet Silver and fully optioned for the most part with the notable exception of leather seats. May add some Katzkins at some point. I ordered a black Sahara for my daughter in October and took delivery in late Novemberā€”have been so impressed that I am trading my Mercedes in for the Rubicon. :like:
Welcome, I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Bike_Voucher

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What do yā€™all think? Keep the black rhinos or switch to the Mopar performance wheels (2 door not mine, stolen from earlier in this thread :) )

Mainly would be for the positive offset purposes. Would like a little less wheel poke

Not sure Iā€™m sold on the switch to silver...

53F0F47E-E57D-4BC2-A854-DD9A110E2C41.jpeg
29A1C9F6-DBAF-4FA1-A3AC-1416E6797ACF.jpeg

Sponsored

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What do yā€™all think? Keep the black rhinos or switch to the Mopar performance wheels (2 door not mine, stolen from earlier in this thread :) )

Mainly would be for the positive offset purposes. Would like a little less wheel poke

Jeep Wrangler JL BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club 29A1C9F6-DBAF-4FA1-A3AC-1416E6797ACF
Jeep Wrangler JL BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club 29A1C9F6-DBAF-4FA1-A3AC-1416E6797ACF
Keep the black rhinos. Coveys attitude & off road. The Mopars say mall crawler to me.

JWAustinVTX

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited

keep the Rhinos - but I like the poke

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Since you are asking for opinions, my vote goes to the silver Mopars.

That's just me but I generally prefer a more tucked in look for all but the largest tires (38" plus). And seeing the way these actually look, I would even consider going with these Mopar rims for my own rig. They are 17x8s, right?

Sponsored

Bike_Voucher

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
If the $ isn't an issue, I like the Silver look better
Hoping I could get somewhat close to breaking even selling the Rhinos

Since you are asking for opinions, my vote goes to the silver Mopars.

That's just me but I generally prefer a more tucked in look for all but the largest tires (38" plus). And seeing the way these actually look, I would even consider going with these Mopar rims for my own rig. They are 17x8s, right?
17x8.5 actually.

Appreciate all opinions! I am seriously torn...

Jeep Wrangler JL BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club IMG_0648

IMG_0686.jpeg

Last edited:

Bike_Voucher

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Your Black Rhinos do look really good. If only they made the Black Rhinos with same size and offset as the Mopars, right?
Thank you, as far as any aftermarket wheel goes they're probably hands down my favorite. I am just a sucker for the OEM+ look!

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hoping I could get somewhat close to breaking even selling the Rhinos

17x8.5 actually.

Appreciate all opinions! I am seriously torn...

Jeep Wrangler JL BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club IMG_0686

Jeep Wrangler JL BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club IMG_0686
There's no wrong decision. Whichever you choose, it will look fantastic!

BilletMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Billet Silver
Just joining the group, love the Billet color. I've added LED headlights, fog lights, and taillights, next step is fender lights/DRLs to complete the LED changeover. Happy to be here! And if anyone ends up with a body color hard top and freedom panels that they want to part with, let me know (I'm in central Illinois but I could pick up).
Jeep Wrangler JL BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club Jee
Sponsored