First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Nice touch with the flag lights.

Fimages%2Ffd762a1b4fcc81c6b4395c3398352dbb%2Ftenor.gif
Thanks. Been wanting to do it since I installed the Under the Sun insert. Had a couple of ideas how to do it. This one worked out pretty well. My 12 year old son gave a hand, since he's hoping this Jeep will be his one day.
Sponsored

LL247

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
New to me 18 Sport S... Had an 18 Rubi that I had to let go last year but couldn't handle not having a Jeep. Found this one at a local dealer in mint condition for a killer price. Fortunately I kept the take-offs from building my wife's Gladiator lol. Found a set of factory Rubi rails, converted to LED lighting, and found a set of lightly used 35 KO2... building on a budget!

Jeep Wrangler JL BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club 20201218_174315

MileHigher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 White Sahara Altitude
I find the Billet a interesting color. We did a test drive in one that had just been washed- JLU Sahara Altitude and it looked like the paint was still wet and flowing. When we went back to a dealer to look at colors, due to the recent weather and a day off for the dealer, the jeeps were unwashed- and the Billet definitely loses a lot with some winter grime on it. Not nearly as striking. Considering this will be our third car and not garaged, we are inclined to go with white since it looks better clean and dirty. I really like the Billet, but I wonder if it is like Black- great looking when clean, but not as striking when dirty. Silvers stay WAY better than black dirty, I was just surprised how much pop Billet lost.

Am I wrong?

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I find the Billet a interesting color. We did a test drive in one that had just been washed- JLU Sahara Altitude and it looked like the paint was still wet and flowing. When we went back to a dealer to look at colors, due to the recent weather and a day off for the dealer, the jeeps were unwashed- and the Billet definitely loses a lot with some winter grime on it. Not nearly as striking. Considering this will be our third car and not garaged, we are inclined to go with white since it looks better clean and dirty. I really like the Billet, but I wonder if it is like Black- great looking when clean, but not as striking when dirty. Silvers stay WAY better than black dirty, I was just surprised how much pop Billet lost.

Am I wrong?
Having owned two black Rams, I can safely say that Billet is much easier to keep looking good. In the summer it's very easy to maintain. In the winter the salt and brine does cause it to lose luster pretty quickly between washes. I think it's because the white haze the salt puts on the vehicle doesn't really contrast. The Jeep doesn't look dirty (like black would) because the "dirt" is a very similar shade to the paint. That lack of contrast just makes it look dull instead of looking dirty. By comparison the black vehicle (and most other colors) looks obviously dirty with salt and/or brine on them.

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
Thanks - It's the Rugged Ridge Venator. Yes grill comes off pretty easily.

Sponsored

NCPolock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Software
Great looking wheels. Always liked the old school look of the Fifteen52s