First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
I see you did the AAL lights and inner fenders in the front. You didn't separate the rear fenders, did you? Any rubbing back there with the 39? Any regrets on separating the the 2 piece front fender? I think I would be less concerned if I had the black fenders but separating the painted fenders in the front makes me cringe.
I have not done the rears yet but that’s next. They are coming. It just barely rubs in the back from what we could see last night. Need to play with it a bit more. Once I split them I’ll be good.

I don’t have any regrets doing it either. I love the look. The only thing I wasn’t sure about was all room you have up front when you do it. At times I thought it was too much for 37’s but I would do it all over again.
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I completely agree. I’ll never put the Freedom panels on again.
Yeah I probably won't either. I intended to put them on for the winters, but I didn't last winter, and there were no issues.

I also agree about the disappointment on the retractable shade, or more specifically the lack there of. I was really looking forward to that. I've got a SpiderWebShade now. Works great, but it would have been nice to roll back the shade at night and see the stars more clearly.

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
Yeah I probably won't either. I intended to put them on for the winters, but I didn't last winter, and there were no issues.

I also agree about the disappointment on the retractable shade, or more specifically the lack there of. I was really looking forward to that. I've got a SpiderWebShade now. Works great, but it would have been nice to roll back the shade at night and see the stars more clearly.
I haven’t looked at the SpiderWebShade.it is set up so you can open and close the Sunrider with the sunshade installed?

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I don't think it's necessarily "designed" to work with it, but it works. You can stretch the front of the shade back to reach through and latch/unlatch the Sunrider. You obviously have to open/close the roof by reaching out the window though because any shade will be in the way. It was a little awkward the first time or two, but after a few times it's not really an issue. I guess some people open/close it like that even without a shade, though I don't know why.

Spiderwebshade (1) resize.jpg

Spiderwebshade (2) resize.jpg

Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Looks like the EVO trail rack. I really like the look, but not the $830 price tag.

3038B%20Front%20Installed-350x350.jpg

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Looks like the EVO trail rack. I really like the look, but not the $830 price tag.

3038B%20Front%20Installed-350x350.jpg
That looks to be it, thanks!

Love the low profile of this design.

-Steven

Last edited:

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yeah me too. The only other one I've found that's low profile like that is the JCR rack (quadratec $600)

screen-shot-2020-07-04-at-7-34-39-pm-png.png

And the Exposed Racks cross bars (quadratec $326)

Jeep Wrangler JL BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club k-solid-black-jeep-wrangler-jl-installed-passenger

I've been trying to decide if I want to spend the extra money for a full rack/basket instead of just the bars.

k-4d-s-0-pc-1-short-roof-rack-jl-unlimited-blk-2_0.jpg

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Yeah me too. The only other one I've found that's low profile like that is the JCR rack (quadratec $600)

Jeep Wrangler JL BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club k-4d-s-0-pc-1-short-roof-rack-jl-unlimited-blk-2_0

And the Exposed Racks cross bars (quadratec $326)

Jeep Wrangler JL BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club k-4d-s-0-pc-1-short-roof-rack-jl-unlimited-blk-2_0

I've been trying to decide if I want to spend the extra money for a full rack/basket instead of just the bars.

Yeah, it's a big jump in price. I put kayaks and additional rotopax cells on my current rack (KMS/JKU) when we are out West off roading. However, most the time I'm not utilizing the rack.

-Steven

mlhazim

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler JLU sports, GOLF GTI MK7, KIA OPTIMA
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got lift, bumper & winch installed

i am thinking of the same wheels on my Silver JLU but in bronze, you think the color mix will come out nice?

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ooo, I really want to see the bronze on silver. I really liked the bronze on the 75th anniversary JK but don't think I ever saw it on a silver one.

ATXRubican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
i am thinking of the same wheels on my Silver JLU but in bronze, you think the color mix will come out nice?
To be honest, I really wanted the bronze and went back and forth between those and the black for a while, and at the end, decided black would look better (in my opinion) on the billet silver metallic. BUT, I would like to see how the bronze looks. Let me know what you end up deciding on!
Sponsored