Squirly

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 BMW 635csi 16 Fiesta St 20 Jl sport bikini pearl
Vehicle Showcase
The camera picks up the pearl of the paint way better than your eye. Jeep faked it pretty well in the old build n price tool.
Jeep Wrangler JL BIKINI Wrangler JL Club IMG_20200730_065619

Now they show this
Jeep Wrangler JL BIKINI Wrangler JL Club Screenshot_20200730-095520
Sponsored

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
So serious question. Does anyone have a picture that has a true representation of the Bikini color? I took a close look at one the other day and it was way more green, almost an emerald green, not the blue / aqua hue that shows in the pictures. It was a JLUS that looked new, didn't check for what year it was though. I don't think there was any other emerald green color offered on the JL so I'm assuming it has to be Bikini. In fact I took a couple pictures and did a side by side comparison and the pictures I took look just like whats posted here. But the picture on my phone and the jeep standing in front of me were not even the same color. This is not a criticism or trying to start something I looking for a color for my next project and thought the Bikini might be a good candidate.

This the the picture as taken but not even close to the actual color. I know phones are horrible in replicating actual colors but that's not what I'm concerned with. Has anyone ever come across a picture that replicates the color more accurately?

Jeep Wrangler JL BIKINI Wrangler JL Club Screenshot_20200730-095520
Jeep Wrangler JL BIKINI Wrangler JL Club 7E644947-789B-4F48-A93C-394C52D682A0

This is the best I have on my phone. It’s really more teal. They photograph better in fading light or cloudy days.

Sponsored

BryonL

First Name
Bryon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
So is there any interest from any club member to swap your bikini grill for a gloss black grill?

Sarahethatsme

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU
I
So serious question. Does anyone have a picture that has a true representation of the Bikini color? I took a close look at one the other day and it was way more green, almost an emerald green, not the blue / aqua hue that shows in the pictures. It was a JLUS that looked new, didn't check for what year it was though. I don't think there was any other emerald green color offered on the JL so I'm assuming it has to be Bikini. In fact I took a couple pictures and did a side by side comparison and the pictures I took look just like whats posted here. But the picture on my phone and the jeep standing in front of me were not even the same color. This is not a criticism or trying to start something I looking for a color for my next project and thought the Bikini might be a good candidate.

This the the picture as taken but not even close to the actual color. I know phones are horrible in replicating actual colors but that's not what I'm concerned with. Has anyone ever come across a picture that replicates the color more accurately?
just found this on Instagram. Truest to color I’ve ever seen.
Jeep Wrangler JL BIKINI Wrangler JL Club DE598889-3BA0-40C5-8CAB-A9D6A956BB70

Bowser

First Name
Vishal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 BMW M3, 2016 Honda Accord
I

just found this on Instagram. Truest to color I’ve ever seen.
DE598889-3BA0-40C5-8CAB-A9D6A956BB70.jpeg
Seems legit under certain condition. The light condition definitely changes the color, just look at everyone's post. Mine looks completely blue, some teal, some very green biased.

Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for that, now I know I'm not crazy and my eyes aren't going bad.
Nope. I’ve yet to see any pic that’s a true color of the bikini blue. Including the dozens I’ve taken myself. The closest I got was when I played around with filters and was almost the right color.

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Nope. I’ve yet to see any pic that’s a true color of the bikini blue. Including the dozens I’ve taken myself. The closest I got was when I played around with filters and was almost the right color.
Exactly this! I can get one of the shades of the color to look right but I misses the complexity of all the other shades it can look at depending on the lighting. My 4 year old calls it blue so I'll just stick with that!
Sponsored