Sponsored

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
You'd be surprised, I've seen more than a handful of Ram TRX's sell for well over 100k, when the sticker was mid 70's-80's, the same with other high HP "rarer" vehicles. Just need to find the right buyer, they are out there. Especially now with the market the way it is, and the dealerships know it.
Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Market adjustment. Pfft.

CJs were 12k. JLs are 112k. I don't see $100k worth of improvement.

My wife still thinks a jeep should cost $25,000 🤣, so unless that thing comes with a roof top tent for me to live in, I'll need to pass.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
So, an extra $32395 worth of markup for the dealer-what a deal I got for you. I love it when dealers do this crap. Years ago wife was looking at a new Accord. One dealer had added $3k in “fair market adjustment”. When I asked why he says “ it lets us give you more for your trade”😳. And he had the nerve to say this with a straight face. I told him, and have held to it for more than three decades “it will be a cold and snowy day in hell before I EVER pay as much as one penny over MSRP for anything.”. Seriously, if you even pay msrp your getting shafted. If you pay more…well the old saying “a fool and his money are soon parted”😏

Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Awhile back I took my Jeep for service and they had a Dodge Challenger Demon in the showroom with a $90,000 MSRP and a markup of $30,000, for an eye-watering $120,000.

The car was gone within a week.
That one might be a little different as they hardly made any Demons, so they are going up in value. They basically start at around $130k now. I saw one recently with a price of just over $200k. A lot of rich people bought them to just put in a collection and never drive them.

I don't see the Wrangler 392 going up in value.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I was hoping to see a trailer attached with a fully loaded 2 door on it in this price.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
It's not ridiculous to ask for $30K over MSRP.

It is ridiculous to actually buy/pay that.

But to one extent or another, we all do this for convenience or wants. I just paid $0.60/round for ammo that used to be priced at $022/round. We prob all paid $40 for a bottle of wine that costs $12 at the liquor store. Or $30 for a Disney shirt for the kids that costs $3 from China. Heck many here prob paid $100K more to live in a house in the "right" zip code.

Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
But to one extent or another, we all do this for convenience or wants. I just paid $0.60/round for ammo that used to be priced at $022/round.
My God do I feel you on the ammo. I keep wanting to go shoot but won't because I don't wanna use up my bullets.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

It's not ridiculous to ask for $30K over MSRP.

It is ridiculous to actually buy/pay that.

But to one extent or another, we all do this for convenience or wants. I just paid $0.60/round for ammo that used to be priced at $022/round. We prob all paid $40 for a bottle of wine that costs $12 at the liquor store. Or $30 for a Disney shirt for the kids that costs $3 from China. Heck many here prob paid $100K more to live in a house in the "right" zip code.
Man I'm feeling this right now. Last summer my neighbor wanted to redo our fence. I talked him out of it cause I didn't want to shell out the $$, told him, "Let's just go one more summer"

Now that lumber prices are +250%, they're coming to install our new fence next week. Was talking with the owner's wife to finalize details today and she was like "Oh, yeah, this job would have easily cost $6-7K less last summer, purely from materials.

Unreal.