Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Background:
We decided to upgrade to a JL Rubicon, living in California any Rubicons in stock were marked up with the nearest dealer adding $10,000 to the sticker price on top of it not being "exactly what I wanted". A quick Internet search and I found Kent Shurtleff and Peterson Jeep. TBH, I was kicking tires for about 2 months and there was never any pressure from Kent. Once we decided to pull the trigger, Kent sent me an updated quote and we were able to submit the order the same day. Kent was upfront about timeframe, exact price, documentation fee and financing details. Factoring in discounts and the markup at the local, the price difference was wopping $16,000+ on a vehicle with an MSRP of $50k.

Once my Jeep arrived, Kent Shurtleff sent photos and the finance office called me to go over finance options and verify info. (BTW there were no early pay-off penalties, no crazy interest rates). From there Kent offered to pick us up from the airport and we happily took him up on it. This was obviously not Kent's first rodeo.... Our new Jeep was parked out front, washed, had the manuals, Freedom panel bags, license plate brackets, etc all loaded up along with a full tank of gas. The finance office was just as awesome, they had 90% of my paperwork all lined up and ready-to-go. I think the whole process only took about 15 minutes. No surprise finance fees or costs. (sure, there were standard finance department options, but zero pressure). It was by miles and miles the most pleasurable dealership experience I've ever had.

-Mike
Sponsored